Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Brake Engaged with Caliper Off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To start off, I wanted to remove the calipers to paint but I messed something up. One of the rear parking brakes is now engaged while off the rotor and I don't know how to disengage it. The car is also throwing parking brake codes.

So on the left rear brake, I unbolted the two bolts holding the brake pads but it wouldn't come off. I figured I would put it on transport mode and once I did that, I was able to remove the caliper piece which also allowed me to remove the brake pads. I then unbolted the remaining two bolts to remove the remaining caliper piece from the rotor.

After taking a break, I went to the other side to do the same thing. It was also stuck so I went to put the car back on transport mode. However, the left side's electrical wire to the solenoid was still plugged in so the parking brake tried engaging/disengaging. As a result, the parking brake is now full extended, and looks to be over traveled, but I don't know how to disengage it.

I'm obviously not a mechanic so I don't know how bad I messed up.

Can anyone provide some guidance on how to fix it?
teslam3parkingbrake.jpg