Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Parking Brake Engaged with Caliper Off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To start off, I wanted to remove the calipers to paint but I messed something up. One of the rear parking brakes is now engaged while off the rotor and I don't know how to disengage it. The car is also throwing parking brake codes.

So on the left rear brake, I unbolted the two bolts holding the brake pads but it wouldn't come off. I figured I would put it on transport mode and once I did that, I was able to remove the caliper piece which also allowed me to remove the brake pads. I then unbolted the remaining two bolts to remove the remaining caliper piece from the rotor.

After taking a break, I went to the other side to do the same thing. It was also stuck so I went to put the car back on transport mode. However, the left side's electrical wire to the solenoid was still plugged in so the parking brake tried engaging/disengaging. As a result, the parking brake is now full extended, and looks to be over traveled, but I don't know how to disengage it.

I'm obviously not a mechanic so I don't know how bad I messed up.

Can anyone provide some guidance on how to fix it?
teslam3parkingbrake.jpg