Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking car at airport, should I unplug Blackvue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Az_Rael

Supporting Member
Jan 26, 2016
Palmdale, CA
We are going out of town for 7 days and leaving my Model S in valet parking at Burbank (they have chargers now!). I assume my car will get at least 1 full charge by the valets, but that is probably it.

I am going to turn on the Energy saving to reduce the vampire drain, but do you think I should also unplug the Blackvue? I am torn, in that I would like event logs in case something happens, but I also don't want to cause excess vampire drain and have to hit the Burbank supercharger before heading home.

We are going out of town for 7 days and leaving my Model S in valet parking at Burbank (they have chargers now!). I assume my car will get at least 1 full charge by the valets, but that is probably it.

I am going to turn on the Energy saving to reduce the vampire drain, but do you think I should also unplug the Blackvue? I am torn, in that I would like event logs in case something happens, but I also don't want to cause excess vampire drain and have to hit the Burbank supercharger before heading home.

I am no expert, but I do have a Blackvue installed. I really don't see it having much of an impact on your vampire loss, especially since it will be in parking mode.

If anything did happen to your car, and you didn't have it recorded, I think you'd be very upset.

Good luck!

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler