TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Parking car at airport, should I unplug Blackvue?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Az_Rael, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

We are going out of town for 7 days and leaving my Model S in valet parking at Burbank (they have chargers now!). I assume my car will get at least 1 full charge by the valets, but that is probably it.

I am going to turn on the Energy saving to reduce the vampire drain, but do you think I should also unplug the Blackvue? I am torn, in that I would like event logs in case something happens, but I also don't want to cause excess vampire drain and have to hit the Burbank supercharger before heading home.

2. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

I am no expert, but I do have a Blackvue installed. I really don't see it having much of an impact on your vampire loss, especially since it will be in parking mode.

If anything did happen to your car, and you didn't have it recorded, I think you'd be very upset.

Good luck!

• Helpful x 1
  3. llavalle

llavalle Member

Somewhere around Montreal in Quebec, Canada
    I've left my Model S for 10days at the airport last year... Blackvue was left ON.. and I was parked outside, in the cold (Feb in Montreal, around -10C). Came back with around 20% of battery drain...

• Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1