Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking in Amsterdam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tfboy

Gimme the Caaaaaar!
Jan 7, 2016
Reading, UK
Hello,

Sorry for speaking English, my dutch is not very good...

I'm coming to Amsterdam on Friday 15th September till Monday 18th for IBC trade show.
I could fly but am considering making a road trip of it.

I have a place I'm staying at but they cannot offer parking.

I won't need to drive whilst I'm in Amsterdam.

Are there good, reasonable and affordable car parks someone can recommend that's large enough for a Model S?

Or should I abandon the road trip idea and fly to Schipol instead?

Any local knowledge appreciated! :)

Certainly don't come by plane, it's to much fun to do the trip with your Tesla.
The IBC will be in the RAI expo. Flow Parking opposite the RAI is 25€ per day.
You won't get it much cheaper around the expo I think but if you stay somewhere else then let me know what neighbourhood, for some more parking options.

• Helpful
Reactions: tfboy
Now why did I think you'd support the Tesla road trip option more? :D

I'll be staying in Roetersstraat, but with public transport, I don't mind leaving the car elsewhere as long as it's secure and relatively easy to get to / from. I've been to IBC loads of times and know the RAI very well :) Just never looked at the car options before :)

A couple of months ago, I did a road trip to Tilburg to visit the factory. Left early in the morning, arrived in time for lunch. So easy! And Amsterdam is probably just a couple more hours tops, so it's doable, leaving early Friday morning to arrive Friday afternoon, then returning monday morning with a mid / late afternoon Channel Tunnel back to England.

I know at least two Tesla's owners living at the Plantage Muidergracht, just behind the Roeterstraat, parking their car at street every day. So it should be safe enough to park it over there. Costs is something different.
Another suggestion, check We are ParkBee – ParkBee , they offer cheap parking in several garages but I'm not sure if you can register with a foreign address.

• Helpful
Reactions: tfboy
Those taxi flooded day's at the Amsterdam SuperCharger are over, @tfboy.
(They have their own chargers now.)
Ideally, you could top up the car while enjoying a cup of coffee in the customer area of the European HQ on your departure day.
But there are of course lots of other SuC options on your way back home (Dordrecht, Oosterhout, Ghent, etc...).

Thanks @PaulusdB I have to say I really loved the Tilburg tour. It was fantastic. Always an option :)

You lot are doing a good job to convince me to road trip! €15/day is pretty reasonable with a few of those Park Bee options. I'd need to confirm it works though with my UK address / UK mobile.

No Thanks.
I should have made it clear that Tesla's European HQ is at the Amsterdam SuperCharger site.

As for your parking needs; the Park + Ride system is unbeatable:

Park & Ride (P+R Amsterdam) | I amsterdam
Visit Amsterdam city centre using Park + Ride
Parking in a Park + Ride (P+R) car park costs only €1 or €8 per 24 hours – with a maximum parking time of up to 96 hours (subject to exceptions). This is tremendous value for visitors to Amsterdam who will be travelling into the city centre zone.

The P+R rates are calculated as follows:
  • Enter on weekdays before 10:00: €8 for the first 24 hours, then €1 for subsequent 24 hour periods
  • Enter on weekdays after 10:00: €1 per 24 hours
  • Enter in the weekend: €1 per 24 hours
Understanding this intricate system requires a math degree. But there is ample friendly, English speaking staff available to help you get sorted.
There is a P+R site near Amsterdam RAI as well as near Tesla HQ (Amsterdam Arena / Ajax Stadium). I'm not 100% sure of nightly surveillance.

OK, I'm pretty decided on P+R.
The P+R ArenA website suggests charging possible with the e icon at the bottom but I can't find any info on this. Does anyone know? It doesn't appear to be in their FAQ either.
You need a RFID card from a Dutch operator like New Motion, Greenflux, etc.

Don't know if they do roaming yet.

40 outlets available there. When you are in go one floor down, pass the ticketing machines and you'll find them at the edge

Again, don't forget to check out then leaving the public transport! Otherwise you don't get the discount.

Present the parking ticket first and then the public transport card for the discount.

Local advice: DON'T go to the PR Arena. It is in the middle of nowhere. The PR Zeeburg is much closer to your location so easier to get to/from. Use Uber as a faster and cheap alternative to public transport.
But only one slow charger at the smaller lot (the one near the tram/train stop), none at the larger lot (other side of the road). No surveillance. Have used this lot at least three times for multiple days without issues though.