Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Part number for the rear sway bar bushings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3LR rear is getting some squeaky noises going over bumps or rolling through go and stops. It's kinda temperature related and can be triggered by both sides. My experience told me to replace the sway bar bushing first and check the links instead of going to a SC.
I looked online, the links are easy to find but can't find any bushing, they all sell with the third party sway bar all together. anyone has idea about that can assist?
Thanks in advance.

Edit: Do not listen to this advice. Bushings are bonded to the bar.

I don't see the bushings sold separately in EPC so seems like Tesla sells with the bar as well.

IIRC LR AWD has the thicker 19.6mm unit. If it is indeed the bushings you might be able to get polyurethane replacements from Energy Suspension for a Mk5/Mk6 VW GTI for ~$30 and see if they fit... same bushing inner diameter but might be a bit of a gamble.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't see the bushings sold separately in EPC so seems like Tesla sells with the bar as well.

IIRC LR AWD has the thicker 19.6mm unit. If it is indeed the bushings you might be able to get polyurethane replacements from Energy Suspension for a Mk5/Mk6 VW GTI for ~$30 and see if they fit... same bushing inner diameter but might be a bit of a gamble.
Absolutely do not buy poly bushings if you're trying to eliminate squeaking. Even with proper grease they will squeak. Try and get the oem bushings.

Reactions: tm1v2
Upvote 0