Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Benefit from after market rear sway bar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone run with an after market rear sway bar?
I am going to add lowering links and adjustable camber to a MXP awaiting VIN. I am looking at some reviews of the UP sway bar as helpful even off the track and figure may as well do all 3 together if I am going to do it...
Anyone use this or other bars and have thoughts? Is the sway bar on the MX the same before and after refresh and for plaid? Any trade offs other than warranty problems?
Thanks for any thoughts!

Are you ready for the increased drive harshness that goes with it?
Have you installed one on the X? Do you have a sense for the difference in this car specifically?

I put on an aftermarket sway on my Audi S4 and I did not notice a significant increase in bumps/harshness. Mainly noticed a big improvement in feeling less "boat" like and more solid when snapping turns. It was a big improvement there so wonder about it for this even bigger and heavier vehicle.

Upvote 0
Have you installed one on the X? Do you have a sense for the difference in this car specifically?

I put on an aftermarket sway on my Audi S4 and I did not notice a significant increase in bumps/harshness. Mainly noticed a big improvement in feeling less "boat" like and more solid when snapping turns. It was a big improvement there so wonder about it for this even bigger and heavier vehicle.

Just repeating what I was told today. Show off your aftermarket Model X wheels...

I'll wait until after delivery to and evaluate the ride before ordering, but I had planned to order the UPP bar.

My first priorities are rear camber shims, 4-wheel alignment, window tint, and then we'll worry about a rear sway bar.

Upvote 0
Got it thanks for sharing the feedback. That was on a model 3 so not sure how much it would translate to the x given the air suspension and size.
Have you considered lowering links to help prevent the half shaft/ shudder issues? I've already ordered both camber and lowering links.
Just debating on whether to throw in the sway bar now and do it all together.

Upvote 0
Got it thanks for sharing the feedback. That was on a model 3 so not sure how much it would translate to the x given the air suspension and size.
Have you considered lowering links to help prevent the half shaft/ shudder issues? I've already ordered both camber and lowering links.
Just debating on whether to throw in the sway bar now and do it all together.

My delivery got pushed back to Feb/Mar, so not in a position to speak from experience. I'm planning on just shims, which I'll do myself, followed by a realign. Then I'll just enjoy it for a bit and make sure I don't need service before modding it.

I like the idea of doing it all at once, followed by an alignment, if you're paying someone to do it.

Upvote 0
Does anyone run with an after market rear sway bar?
I am going to add lowering links and adjustable camber to a MXP awaiting VIN. I am looking at some reviews of the UP sway bar as helpful even off the track and figure may as well do all 3 together if I am going to do it...
Anyone use this or other bars and have thoughts? Is the sway bar on the MX the same before and after refresh and for plaid? Any trade offs other than warranty problems?
Thanks for any thoughts!

What are you trying to accomplish?

Upvote 0