Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger door lock-unlock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone inform me as to how to allow the passenger door to unlock while the car is in D. I commonly pull out of the garage to allow my wife to enter the car and, before a recent update, she was able to push the handle and it would present itself. Now, I have to manually unlock the door from the center stack. It makes this and other grocery trips, school pick-up, etc. pretty annoying. Any help appreciated.

It locks for safety after you reach a certain speed. Just press the lock icon that always shows in the upper left of the GPS screen. Extremely simple to do, as simple as pressing a physical button since it is always shown (unlike other options - I’m looking at you glove box release).

Reactions: BigPotato
Roughly the same subject: is there a setting whereby when you unlock the car only the driver's door presents when you walk up to it? I hate seeing four bits of equipment running when only one is needed!

Turning on "Driver Door Unlock Mode" makes it so only the driver's door handle comes out when you walk up to it.

Attachments

• driver-door.jpg
    driver-door.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 1,816