Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger Doors Remain Locked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Look for "Driver Door Unlock Mode"

For the sake of completeness, here is the passage from the manual that describes this feature:
=============================

Driver Door Unlock Mode​

Enabling Controls > Locks > Driver Door Unlock Mode only unlocks the driver door when you first unlock Model 3. The driver door unlocks only if a key is present on the driver side of the vehicle and not the passenger side. To unlock the remaining doors, long press the button located at the top of the interior driver door handle, use the touchscreen, mobile app or press the key fob a second time.

============================

In actuality, this feature can be a bit confusing, because ENABLING it is ENABLING "driver door unlock only" mode, or, said another way, enabling this feature is actually disabling all doors except the drivers door from unlocking when you first unlock the car.

Its one of those things like computer settings where enabling the feature actually disables something, which can be counter intuitive.

Reactions: Radlaw and brianbcc
Also, with it enabled, once the drivers handle is presented, a second "double tap" in the app will then present the other three handles. So you can leave it enabled for when you're driving alone for safety, but can also open all doors easily when you have passengers or need to access the back seat for a laptop, etc. ( I put my laptop bag in the back seat when driving to work)

Also, with it enabled, once the drivers handle is presented, a second "double tap" in the app will then present the other three handles. So you can leave it enabled for when you're driving alone for safety, but can also open all doors easily when you have passengers or need to access the back seat for a laptop, etc. ( I put my laptop bag in the back seat when driving to work)

This is the model 3 subforum, and model 3s dont have handles that "present", so this sounds like something that should be shared in the model S subforum instead?