Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger doors won’t unlock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the recent software update I noticed my passenger doors cannot unlock. I have to enter the car and activate voice command to open all doors. Is this just me? I tried all kinds of solutions and won’t work. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

After the recent software update I noticed my passenger doors cannot unlock. I have to enter the car and activate voice command to open all doors. Is this just me? I tried all kinds of solutions and won’t work. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

You say you tried all kinds of solutions. What have you tried, so that we dont repeat advice you already tried? For example, have you tried checking for driver door unlock mode?

===================

Driver Door Unlock Mode​

Enabling Controls > Locks > Driver Door Unlock Mode only unlocks the driver door when you first unlock Model 3. The driver door unlocks only if a key is present on the driver side of the vehicle and not the passenger side. To unlock the remaining doors, long press the button located at the top of the interior driver door handle, use the touchscreen, mobile app or press the key fob a second time.

=================

What about child locks?

Child Locks​

Model 3 has child locks on the rear doors to prevent them from being opened using the interior release buttons. On the touchscreen, touch Controls > Locks > Child Lock. You can choose Both to engage the child lock on both rear doors, or you can choose Left or Right to engage it on just a specific door.

===================

I now have the same problem. I can unlock the driver's door from the app. Once inside the car, the app nor the screen will unlock the other doors. The app will open the rear trunk (the screen will not open the trunk), however, it now asks "Are you sure you want to do this? You will have to close it manually" or some such rot. It seems to think that I have an electric-closing trunk, but I received my 2021 a couple of weeks before the electric trunks were released. These issues started about a week or so ago.