Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger rear door popping open and screen going black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ours has been into the SC so many times its just embarrassing

Sorry to hear about this David. Other than the DU replacement, what issues have you had with your 70D? We took delivery 3 months later than you, so I'm hoping we have the "million mile" drive unit. Granted, I have <5,000 miles on Mr T so far, but my 70D has been flawless, not a single hiccup or burp. I'll be using the West Palm Beach service center, so hopefully I won't have the quality control/dirt/scratches issues you reported at Dania. Of course, the other big difference is that my 70D rarely gets out on route 95. Everytime I go down to Ft Lauderdale/Miami I feel like I have to be NASCAR certified! :eek:

The retractable door handles have a small microswitch inside. When you pull on the handle, the switch causes the electric lock to release. Sometimes the switch is out of adjustment. When you put the car into Park, and the handles extend, they move a millimeter too far and hit the microswitch, thus causing an 'auto-open'. Happened to me. TM Service did the fix. No worries.
Which micro switch?...can you post how to adjust?...so the door doesn't pop open