Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger seatbelt symbol

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my Model X yesterday. Today while driving, the passenger seatbelt indicator popped up and would not go away, even though there is no one in the passenger seat. Has anyone had this issue? If so, how was it resolved?

Attachments

• FFC0380F-30B1-47C3-BAC2-7AC3A8C4FD03.png
    FFC0380F-30B1-47C3-BAC2-7AC3A8C4FD03.png
    3 MB · Views: 109
I haven't seen this in my 1 year old Model X. Have you performed a reset of both displays, by holding down both steering wheeI scroll wheels and also holding down both buttons immediately above? Both screens will reboot displaying the Tesla logo. The procedure is described in the Manual. If it is a malfunctioning sensor then I would suggest contacting your nearest Service Center to have this checked.

Is there anything in the passenger seat? Can you click on the i icon in the center screen to see the warning? On the 3, they recently changed it so that you could dismiss seat belt warnings if you had cargo (or a carseat, etc.) there instead of passenger. I haven't tried it in an S/X yet to see if it can be dismissed the same way.

Is there anything in the passenger seat? Can you click on the i icon in the center screen to see the warning? On the 3, they recently changed it so that you could dismiss seat belt warnings if you had cargo (or a carseat, etc.) there instead of passenger. I haven't tried it in an S/X yet to see if it can be dismissed the same way.

They need to implement this on S/X.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker