Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger side door question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I had the loaner MX, I noticed that if I just lightly shut the driver’s door (leaving it still cracked open), the soft close mechanism would kick in and pull it closed the rest of the way. However, if I similarly shut the passenger door, it would not pull itself shut. Is this the expected behavior? Does the passenger door not have a soft close feature? I would think that since both doors can auto open/close, they’d have the same hardware inside and the same functionality, but maybe not?

When I had the loaner MX, I noticed that if I just lightly shut the driver’s door (leaving it still cracked open), the soft close mechanism would kick in and pull it closed the rest of the way. However, if I similarly shut the passenger door, it would not pull itself shut. Is this the expected behavior? Does the passenger door not have a soft close feature? I would think that since both doors can auto open/close, they’d have the same hardware inside and the same functionality, but maybe not?
It should. I would get it checked out

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
The problem is with the loaner vehicle not yours right. Report it to the SC when you hand it back.
The solution is latch replacement. .I had the same problem on my passenger side door. The SC replaced the latches on my vehicle..both driver and passenger doors.

The problem is with the loaner vehicle not yours right. Report it to the SC when you hand it back.
The solution is latch replacement. .I had the same problem on my passenger side door. The SC replaced the latches on my vehicle..both driver and passenger doors.
I currently have a MS, but I have an X on order. I was just curious what I should be expecting when it shows up in June!