Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X passenger door open?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 Model X 2023.2.12

Not sure if I'm alone on this one, but occasionally when I get out of my Model X and I have a passenger - I'll come back to my car with the passenger door wide open. The passenger swore they shut the door and I never received an app notification saying the door was left open? That's odd. Why would the door not auto close if it detects no key around?

On one occasion, the passenger side window was rolled 100% down when we got back to the car but the door was shut.

Has anyone seen these issues before? I'm honestly thinking it's software.

It's possible that the issue you are experiencing with your Model X is related to software. However, it's also possible that it could be related to a mechanical or electrical issue with the door or window. Try to updating software to the latest version to see if this resolves the issue.

Did you get this fixed? What was the issue? Having a similar problem… more like this:

This is why my MX was lemoned. Constant electrical gremlins that would open every door/window at random. Mine was mostly the drunk/trunk, but other doors occasionally opened too including the charge port with would go on spurts opening/closing every few seconds for an hour at a time like it was possessed.

Good luck. Tesla did practically nothing to try to fix it.

Reactions: Bestla