Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pay for Supercharging???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
let’s say, a friend of mine Lost your phone, or has no money in his wallet linked to the tesla app……. How can I pay for his supercharging?

like if we both went to the supercharger, and he didn’t have money, or he couldn’t pay for charging, or maybe I even owed him money, and I told him I would pay him with supercharged miles, how would I do this?

if I’m at a gas station, and my brother is broke, I can pay for his gas, but when it comes to an electric car how do I pay for someone else charging?

• Funny
Reactions: Velcade
let’s say, a friend of mine Lost your phone, or has no money in his wallet linked to the tesla app……. How can I pay for his supercharging?

like if we both went to the supercharger, and he didn’t have money, or he couldn’t pay for charging, or maybe I even owed him money, and I told him I would pay him with supercharged miles, how would I do this?

if I’m at a gas station, and my brother is broke, I can pay for his gas, but when it comes to an electric car how do I pay for someone else cha

if I’m at a gas station, and my brother is broke, I can pay for his gas, but when it comes to an electric car how do I pay for someone else charging?
If he is indeed your friend and he is stranded and you want to help, give him your credit card info or call a tow truck and give them your credit card info and tow it for them. What ifs wastes everyone's time with dumb hypotheticals.

Upvote 0
If he is indeed your friend and he is stranded and you want to help, give him your credit card info or call a tow truck and give them your credit card info and tow it for them. What ifs wastes everyone's time with dumb hypotheticals.
You've got to read between the lines. He spun the initial question like a political reporter. If he had simply asked that he wanted to give SC miles he wasn't going to use to someone else, he knows the simple reply from everyone would be no. He may even be trying to sell them. He was hoping some tech savvy owner would come up with a creative way to beat the system.

• Helpful
Reactions: ZilWin and Mike_TV
Upvote 0
You've got to read between the lines. He spun the initial question like a political reporter. If he had simply asked that he wanted to give SC miles he wasn't going to use to someone else, he knows the simple reply from everyone would be no. He may even be trying to sell them. He was hoping some tech savvy owner would come up with a creative way to beat the system.
That's what I said in my initial comment. He even threw in the "Tesla ripped me off for $500 and they're giving me miles that I can't use" looking for sympathy. You can sense he's trying to sell miles rather than gift them. Either way it's an abuse of the system.
Lock the thread based on solicitation to abuse the system and grift.

Upvote 0
That’s the thing, technically I did pay for those miles. Tesla charged me an extra $500, on my account, that they said they won’t take back, so I have to give them the check from my loan plus an extra $500 cash because they’re not part of my loan. So technically I did pay for those miles, they’re just trying to fix it by giving me free charge miles. So I can’t take it as a grain of salt, because it did come out of my pocket. For them to then expire, in six months. You feel me.

If they overcharged you, they have to refund the money. Otherwise they have committed fraud. Giving you a supercharger credit that will expire before you use it is giving you nothing. It's like airlines that bump you off a flight and "compensate" you with free miles that have to be used within a year, and you only travel once every two years. Except that technically, airlines have the legal right to bump you off a flight and give you no compensation at all.

If you have a contract that says you owed Tesla $X and they charged your card $X+500, they've committed fraud and they owe you $500. Demand the money back.

If you're really just looking for a way to sell supercharger credits that you got free for referring someone, or some such, then shame on you. There's apparently no way to transfer supercharger credits.

Upvote 0