Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pay to turn on speakers and heated seats in SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of the speakers in the SR+ don't have the wires running back to the MCU, and also it's missing the amp and sub. The upgrade would not be a software lock. The heated seats are though, since my SR+ came with them, same with ambient lights. I'd pay a few hundred for each option, less for the lights though.

I suspect this will never happen. For early builds I believe I read that the hardware is there (like with the fog lights).

However, for newer builds that’s apparently not the case. So I think you’d see a lot of complaints if some owners were able to unlock features and others weren’t.

I’m now curious as to whether newly-released MY2020 SR+ models even have the hardware for heated seats...

I would love to see maybe a one-time payment to turn on the rear heated seats if the car configuration supports it. For partial premium audio, it's already been stated that to be able to get premium, you need to install wiring, some speakers, a sub, and an amp. I wouldn't expect Tesla service centers to do this work -- maybe they can recommend some local audio places that can do the work.

I"m in for paying for both premium audio and heated rear seats upgrades. Also I know the teardown have shown no amp and sub plus wiring, I'm curious if anyone has confirmed that in later build cars. I picked up my SR+ in Sept and my OA was adamant it had premium audio and heated seats, just software disabled, that said, I was not aware at the time so didn't ask him if the audio hardware was actually in the car or not.