Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why no Automatic Rear Heated Seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont even understand why the front heated seats have an auto option, myself. How can the car know if I want or dont want a warm bum?

If I had to guess at why this is, its because there are plenty of things that could be put in the rear seats (like a baby car seat for instance) that would not signify the need nor desire of heated seats.

Reactions: brianbcc
Oh I find the front autos are great, they're a more efficient and effective way of generating heat and comfort and automate very well with the climate settings. The blowers rarely even come on.

I get that argument about the rears having other uses but it could be an easy toggle to turn off auto, like it is for the front ones.

My guess is it requires more sensors than is available but I really don't know.

It makes no sense that auto isn't an option for the rear. They definitely know if someone is sitting there because the "no seatbelt" icon will only show up if a person is there without latching the belt. It is annoying to open the menu and turn the heater on for my kids every day all winter long.
And just like the front, having 'Auto' as an option doesn't mean it has to be used. You can still leave them in 'Off' mode if you keep a baby seat or whatever else back there.

Reactions: brianbcc
I dont even understand why the front heated seats have an auto option, myself. How can the car know if I want or dont want a warm bum?

If I had to guess at why this is, its because there are plenty of things that could be put in the rear seats (like a baby car seat for instance) that would not signify the need nor desire of heated seats.

auto is largely used to heat through the seats when they are cold and they generally have a tendency to be switched off after the heat through period unless its very cold. Its not really designed to give you a warm bum per se. in fact in general theyll switch themselves off once you have driven for a bit.