Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Payment in full before seeing car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn't disagree more with this. With Tesla we all know they can come with a bunch of issues, either when buying used or new. I cannot understand how could anyone buy one without a one hour checklist.

It's exactly what I did when I picked up mine and the guy presenting the car was more than patient and let me check absolutely everything I had on my list. I had the full payment done in advance but had I found anything serious, I could have just rejected delivery and Tesla would issue a full refund (maybe without the $100 fee)
:rolleyes:

I couldn't disagree more with this. With Tesla we all know they can come with a bunch of issues, either when buying used or new. I cannot understand how could anyone buy one without a one hour checklist.
Clearly there are more non-Teslas shipped than Teslas, right? So the chance of getting a Chevy or Ford or whatever that has strap damage from the car carrier is, in raw number, there are more of them. The percentage is likely roughly identical but the sheer numbers are higher. The point is one likely never knows in-route damage on non-Teslas because they don't look for it. I've never heard of a Chevy purchase where the owner took a micrometer to the door seam or looked under a magnifying glass across every inch of painted surface to see if the car had been repainted. Good chance, on any given car it had. I don't mean this to sound personal but there is a name for people with that mindset. Within a reasonable amount of time post purchase if one found something wrong they'd fix it free of charge. I've been buying cars since 72 and there have been things that were clearly manufacturing or transit issues. I've never had an issue getting them fixed.