Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Payment options for the first 30...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it safe to assume that the lucky folks who are getting their cars tonight have already entered into a financial agreement for the car? I wonder what options they had for payment? i.e. Is there a special lease program that Tesla is going to reveal or do you think these first 30 were financed through traditional lenders with standard rates (credit score rated)?

Are you looking for random speculation? How would we know? I suspect that the people getting their cars are discouraged from posting here, and may not want to share that info anyways.

Just pure speculation about how payment for the first cars would be handled, that's all. Of course they wouldn't divulge such info! I personally DO feel there will be "little people" represented tonight in the owner pool.

Payroll deduction, personal check, first born?

My guess is that the first 30 will be from a variety of positions, not just board members. They do appear to be going more or less in order of reservation (as indicated by the first two), and that would send a good message to all observers.

You asked what I think, so this is it -- I don't think the people getting the cars tonight need any financing. I don't think they are "the little people".

Could not possibly agree more. The first thirty are almost certainly executives and major investors and/or board members. A $50-60k car isn't much concern to those kinds of people.

For these people? cash between their couch cushions.
That would be a good sign... The super wealthy (if those are the people you are referring to) generally don't do cash, couch resident or otherwise. They really need to have a wide variety of engineers and production folks be the ones to take the first cars on the road day-to-day, because that's where they will get their best early feedback.

Reactions: VRM3