Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you pay for your Model Y after just placing your order does that expedite your build?

Not that I am aware of. I have seen several reports of people fully paying for the car in advance and having their delivery delayed, so paying in advance probably has no effect other than to give Tesla an interest free loan.

Also, I do not recommend paying until you see the car, as you might decide to reject your delivery due to quality issues, and that will be more complicated to unwind if you have already paid. Treat Tesla like a normal car sales business, it will make things easier overall.

If you pay for your Model Y after just placing your order does that expedite your build?

I was informed by many here on TMC and by friends who already own Tesla's that it is generally known that Tesla "prioritizes" orders with confirmed payment arrangements. I, not knowing much about this process myself, had applied for a Tesla arranged loan but had not agreed to the terms and left it sitting on that page for a couple of days. I accepted the loan terms last night and got my 1-2 weeks delivery text message today. Not sure whether that's a coincidence or correlation. I placed my order on 06/09, got my loan quote on 06/10, did nothing for a few days, accepted my loan terms on 06/13, and got my 1-2 weeks delivery text today 06/14.

Midnight Silver / Black / LR AWD / 20" / FSD

Reactions: hcdavis3