Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pending Payment but picking up tomorow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am pretty confused about the payment process for my Model 3 which I am supposed to pick up tomorrow, and was wondering if anyone had some information that could clear up my confusion.

I opted for a 'Loan arranged through Tesla' and filled out my credit application. I got approved at 4.4% APR and everything looked good. The site told me I would be contacted by someone to finalize the loan. A few days later, after not getting contacted by anyone, I called my ISA and they let me know that I should get a call from someone. Now, two days later I am one day away from my delivery date and I have my VIN, but I still have not made my loan down payment. In the delivery confirmation email it just says "The amount due at signing can be made by a cashier’s check or electronic payment via your Tesla account, using your bank account and routing numbers. Payment is due upon or prior to delivery.". When I login to my Tesla account, it says "Please submit your final payment." but has no option to make my final payment.

I've been trying to contact my ISA but it is the weekend now and I cannot get a hold of them. I contacted (888) 51-TESLA which is the number listed on my account, and they told me to contact my ISA...

I am not sure if I am just doing something wrong here, but I don't want to drive an hour to the delivery location tomorrow just to realize that I can't pickup my car. Does anyone have any insight on how they paid the down payment for their loan?

My account used to show me the 4.4% APR but I was waiting for funds to transfer into my primary bank account so that I could make the payment, but now my account shows:

upload_2018-8-4_14-31-58.png

I am scheduled to pick up my car tomorrow at 11AM, but I haven't made a payment yet. Everyone I talk to doesn't seem to understand what is going on. =/

My account used to show me the 4.4% APR but I was waiting for funds to transfer into my primary bank account so that I could make the payment, but now my account shows:

View attachment 322998
I am scheduled to pick up my car tomorrow at 11AM, but I haven't made a payment yet. Everyone I talk to doesn't seem to understand what is going on. =/

My account is the same. Scheduled to pick up on Weds. I used to see my loan (via Tesla like you) information. Account now shows that. My ISA said not to worry so I'm just going to trust her. Have you tried emailing the financing department at Tesla? They've been responsive to me, I'm going to email them on Monday just to double check everything is cool since I had my ISA add FSD the other day

I was able to get a hold of someone at the service center that I will be picking up the car from tomorrow and they let me know that they do have all my paperwork in order, so it looks like it must be a bug with the website. What this means is that I can't pay electronically, but I was able to go to the bank to get a cashiers check before they closed. Hopefully everything goes well tomorrow. :)

Reactions: TD_alseT
I was able to get a hold of someone at the service center that I will be picking up the car from tomorrow and they let me know that they do have all my paperwork in order, so it looks like it must be a bug with the website. What this means is that I can't pay electronically, but I was able to go to the bank to get a cashiers check before they closed. Hopefully everything goes well tomorrow. :)

awesome, enjoy!

If you're paying with cash make sure to get the money in your checking a few days ahead because you have to have a cashiers check if you are bringing the money to the delivery. The funds will need free and clear as far as the bank is concerned and that that can take a while if you transfering a lot of money into checking to buy the car, so you don't want to try to transfer at the last minute. You not know exactly how much you're supposed to bring until the day before the delivery, so your money needs to be there to get the check maybe even on the same day as the delivery. Also, I'd make sure to put enough in checking to have an extra $2K in there to cover the delivery and other miscellaneous charges.

If you're paying with cash make sure to get the money in your checking a few days ahead because you have to have a cashiers check if you are bringing the money to the delivery. The funds will need free and clear as far as the bank is concerned and that that can take a while if you transfering a lot of money into checking to buy the car, so you don't want to try to transfer at the last minute. You not know exactly how much you're supposed to bring until the day before the delivery, so your money needs to be there to get the check maybe even on the same day as the delivery. Also, I'd make sure to put enough in checking to have an extra $2K in there to cover the delivery and other miscellaneous charges.
Wonder if “Plastiq “ can be used for payments to Tesla ? Bonus points lol

I think
Well , even just for a down or final payment ?!
I think you can pay electronically for the whole thing. I did use my debit card for the down payment, but the bank told me "no way" I could use that to pay the other $50K. They said I'd have to use a cashiers check. I imagine you can also use an ACH transfer to pay the balance as well, but I didn't try that. Maybe someone else knows the answer to that one.