Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

People Helping People

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found myself in Wilson, NC yesterday because my grandmother had a stroke and drove up from Atlanta unexpectedly. The last supercharger I hit was in Fayetteville, NC which is about ~30% away from Wilson. Due to a number of errands and running around, my SOC slowly depleted throughout the day. I asked the front desk at the Hampton Inn I was staying at if they would let me plug in if there is an outlet my cable will reach to and they confirmed with the general manager it was fine. Unfortunately the 5 outlets in the back of the hotel that are near parking spots were not working. I was able to find a single outlet that was working but it was only reachable from the front pull-through area. After plugging in, I confirmed again with the front desk because of where I had to park to be able to plug in and they told me it wouldn't be a problem.

It's great knowing that there are generous people out there that could have easily said no but without knowing any details were nice and helpful. It took one thing off my plate that I no longer had to worry about.

IMG_3033.jpg

There are 4 city-sponsored free L2 ChargePoint stations in downtown Wilson which may have been an option but would have required additional coordination from my family and I'm grateful that I didn't have to put an additional burden on them.