Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Brake Job @ 18,000mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, that's the breaks. Still, I wouldn't trust any shop on this. Have you tried ... WD40 ?

But, honestly, if I'm using the brakes, I get this anxious guilt feeling, like I'm clubbing baby seals. I remember yesterday, driving 200 miles, I had to use the brakes a couple of times, maybe three; it was in town. I remember and regret every instance. The Regen single pedal driving seemed a bit weak after this last update, or maybe because I'd just supercharged. It does make sense to clean off the brakes occasionally.

But if you drive like that, you should have a P with the bigger brakes. That's why I'd never do one of those "almost a P" upgrades. My young son did ask about it, and (good thing) they said the car was "short a motor" to do that -- Sigh.

Last edited:
Well, that was an expensive lesson.

It's not all lost. You can clean them up with brake cleaner and a wire brush, given them a fresh coat of high temp spray paint, then take them to the parts store to have them turned, and you'll have a set ready to go for next time.

Reactions: android04