Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model Test Drive (Pittsburgh PA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drove a MSM Performance with the PUP. I was very impressed with the vehicle. The ride quality with the 21” wheels was surprisingly good (most vehicles I’ve owned have been sport oriented). I thought the noise level was good and only notice a little extra wind noise when occasionally breaking the highway speed limit . I expected a little more noise obviously with the glass roof and no insulation of a typical headliner. I didn’t do a full blown inspection of the vehicle since it wasn’t mine but overall the quality looked pretty good. I did notice it had the scratch on the driver side window trim from the window issue not dropping down. I also noticed that the hood sat slightly lower than the front bumper on the right side of the car. Now my biggest decision is to figure out how I can work it out and buy one. I still think I’d like to wait just a little while longer for them to iron out a few more of the quality issues.

Also for any of you that have purchased one in Pennsylvania I’m curious about the sales tax. All other vehicles that I have purchased they always deducted the total value of your trade off the sales tax. Example if the trade is worth $20,000 it didn’t matter how much you owed they were deduct $20,000 from the total of the new car price you were buying and then calculate the sales tax based 9n that number. The Tesla sales advisor told me the way they do it is they only deduct the trade value after what you owe off the sales tax of the new vehicle. Example if your trade-in is worth 20,000 and you owe 19,500 they only deduct $500 from the total of the new car for the taxes which seems weird to me because that is not how it’s been done on every other vehicle I’ve ever purchased.