Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How is it Possible my 2023 MYLR Trade in value is so low?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased an MYP because I like performance, speed and like to drive fast..
I drove from Anaheim Ca to Chandler AZ to visit my grandkids, I HAD TO MAKE 3 STOPS to plug in and could easily been Four 😬 I didn’t buy the MYP to drive 65-70 mph. Most of AZ highway speed limit is 75mph, commercial trailer trucks are doing 80-85mph; In one stretch I was having fun driving 85-95mph, then Boom 💥 my Tesla is telling me that if I don’t slow down to 60mph I might not make the next SC station. 😲🤦🏻‍♂️ so now everyone is passing me up laughing, pointing at me and my high performance MYP 😡 did make it to Buckeye SC like a turtle. Now that was embarrassing! Never again will I take the Tesla long distance. I’m also not the kind of person that likes to be sitting around for 30+ minutes waiting to charge to 80% 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ll continue to drive my MYP around town having fun at whatever speed I like & charge at home. I do own two Hybrid Toyota’s that can take me to Chandler and back in less time and at any speed 👍🏻
I’ve driven my 2017 Tesla model S 90D from Nova Scotia to Montana to Florida. Not once have I had to go extremely slow to make it to a charge.

And I’ve also done road trips from southern Michigan to Mackinaw (~250 miles) in -12F doing 80 to 85. I can make that trip without charging in summer. It does take a 20 min charging stop in winter but still definitely doable and comfortable with the heat on at 74.

I will never take anything but my Tesla on a road trip.

Last edited:
I’ve driven my 2017 Tesla model S 90D from Nova Scotia to Montana to Florida. Not once have I had to go extremely slow to make it to a charge.

And I’ve also done road trips from southern Michigan to Mackinaw (~250 miles) in -12F doing 80 to 85. I can make that trip without charging in summer. It does take a 20 min charging stop in winter but still definitely doable and comfortable with the heat on at 74.

I will never take anything but my Tesla on a road trip.
I rather compare with the same 2022-24 MYP.. 21’ tires, and doing 80-95mph. 🤔

You are doing the absolute worst things possible for range.

21” tires and 95 mph?!?!

Mileage goes down exponentially as speed increases. I don’t think an EV is right for you.
21’ came with the MYP, I went through a set of rear tires already and worth every mile.

HP, speed and performance is not everyone; Don’t go on long trips and if you do be prepared to make multiple stops. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Why does Tesla make the Plaid? SPEED👍🏻

I went to Tesla Service and wanted to see about upgrading my MYLR for a Model X and this is what I'm told my car is worth ($40K). My MYLR is Black with White Interior. Has 18,400 miles. I paid $71,000 for this vehicle ordered Feb 2022. I've heard some Model X and S Owners complaining about how their vehicles trade-in value has either plummeted or stagnated.

Back to my MYLR....if you go online say Tesla Used Car Inventory, you'll see 2020 MYLR are priced for sale at $50,000+

What is the deal. Not a happy Customer right now!

Thanks for hearing me out and sharing any experiences like this you had.
Only one person knows the answer: MUSK !

21’ came with the MYP, I went through a set of rear tires already and worth every mile.

HP, speed and performance is not everyone; Don’t go on long trips and if you do be prepared to make multiple stops. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Why does Tesla make the Plaid? SPEED👍🏻
The performance version has less range than the long range. Part of that is the tires. The tires can be swapped out for 19.

An EV does require more stops than gas cars. Especially when doing 95 mph.

I mean, dude said he’s also saved “nearly six figures” on oil changes by driving Teslas for the past 7 years. The fuel economy exaggeration is at least an order of magnitude lesss ridiculous. 😂
I am not sure how you get to 6 figures either…but my (air cooled) 911’s oil change cost $250 twenty years ago. I had four of them each year. I would not be surprised if that price has (at least) doubled since then.

I am not sure how you get to 6 figures either…but my (air cooled) 911’s oil change cost $250 twenty years ago. I had four of them each year. I would not be surprised if that price has (at least) doubled since then.
Even if they did double (which I completely believe if we’re talking about oil changes at a Porsche dealer) oil service intervals for a 992 911 are recommended at 10k miles or once per year now.

So maybe he and his wife both have 911s, drive them 30,000 miles a year, and only get their oil done at the dealer for $500 a pop. That’s $21k over 7 years. ;)