Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Shocks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is marked as "ST" instead of "SP"?

On the Unplugged Lowering Brackets, "ST" is the setting for stock height, and "SP" is the setting for lowered height.

@enigmata and John Boylan - in UP's documentation, they mention a "specialized tool" - what is that? Or does that just mean "hit it with an impact"

I'm looking into these as well. Nothing "wrong" with my OEM shocks, but being lowered, my car feels very floaty. Like a 70's Cadillac. Coming from an E39 M5, it's just too soft even for a big tourer. I don't want my back to hurt, it just doesn't feel like a performance car with its current suspension.

I spoke with Unplugged today - below is the specialized tool they mentioned. A modified 36 mm socket for the weird nut at the top. Not sure if that’s also on the 2016-2020 design.

1644321046198.png

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2
Hello Aggmeister2010, not yet.
They are ready and installation will hopefully be next week if I can find the time.
I installed mine last weekend. INCREDIBLE difference over factory. Here's my writeup for the 2016+ models, the process is a little different than the early models:

I set mine to 50% (2 turns from softest), and that's about as far as I'd recommend on a street car. Feels similar to a new BMW 3 series - stiff but not overly so. If you're looking for a bit more comfort, maybe do 40%.

Since you already have the Arnott bags......i wonder if you could just disassemble those so that you're using the newest air bags?

We finally finished the installation of the Unplugged Performance Shocks on my 2016 Tesla Model S refresh.
They are way much better than the factory ones ;)
Very responsive, smooth, no noise, really great in turns. We fell the road a bit more, but subtle and more confident ride. They just feel wonderful ;)
The setting is full to soft.
The quality looks pretty good. They seem to be all aluminium, painted in black. Probably lighter and more corrosion resistant than the OEM.
I will make some long drives in the following weeks, I'll keep you posted ;)