Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm with you, just did the same thing and abandoned my White/White for a MSM/White that was already in transit to a relatively nearby location. No delivery date yet, but I just made the call earlier. I got the exact same details of a potential wait of 3-6 weeks for white. Here's hoping for a quickVIN/delivery turnaround.
Binary sloth, darn man- you were my light in the dark since you had same configuration and ordered before me. I was following your delivery closely. Now I am the one with the white on white unicorn in the waiting list. lol
MSM is also beautiful.

I'm with you, just did the same thing and abandoned my White/White for a MSM/White that was already in transit to a relatively nearby location. No delivery date yet, but I just made the call earlier. I got the exact same details of a potential wait of 3-6 weeks for white. Here's hoping for a quickVIN/delivery turnaround.
Yeah I think for some reason white and red are not being produce. However my VIN was emailed to me and delivery appointment popped up today early. Congrats on joining the MSM/White family

Quick update from my end. After expressing my immediate need of a new car to the OA, I was offered a black/white instead of white/white immediately. So I pulled the trigger based on Tholland's advice thinking I could wrap it in satin pearl white with the money saved. I got the VIN emailed but I don't have it showing up in the account / no delivery date yet. Fingers crossed the rest of the process goes quickly.

I was expecting an email notification, but good thing I logged into my Tesla.com account. Received a VIN and a delivery date of May 7th. I ordered 4/12. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Crossing fingers for a smooth process and a decent build.

One thing that I forgot to mention here that's relevant. One week before I got my car, the person from Tesla that was trying to find me an inventory car said that if I was to wait the car that I configured (white/white) was manufactured, it could take 6 weeks.. I got the car in the following week...

One thing that I forgot to mention here that's relevant. One week before I got my car, the person from Tesla that was trying to find me an inventory car said that if I was to wait the car that I configured (white/white) was manufactured, it could take 6 weeks.. I got the car in the following week...
Is your point that what they say and what happens are rarely similar? I agree with that.

Reactions: phlevcar
Quick update from my end. After expressing my immediate need of a new car to the OA, I was offered a black/white instead of white/white immediately. So I pulled the trigger based on Tholland's advice thinking I could wrap it in satin pearl white with the money saved. I got the VIN emailed but I don't have it showing up in the account / no delivery date yet. Fingers crossed the rest of the process goes quickly.
We are hoping everything holds steady and goes smoothly.

Is your point that what they say and what happens are rarely similar? I agree with that.

I totally agree, I said before what the guy told me could be smoke in Mirrors but it did kinda link up with what is currently going on. When I went up to Tesla yesterday for small appointment with our other 3, they had 4 model 3, one white with black, and that person had been waiting for 5 weeks for that. Everything else was black and or blue. Not even a MSM and not one performance model at all.