Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

First post but wanted to join the group. Ordered my white/black P3D on Aug 11th and no Vin yet. My contact said it’s because of the higher demand on the white since it no longer has an additional cost. No update on time yet though.

Has anyone had any luck getting anything extra because of the inconvenience? Wondering if we can ask for additional discounts or free SC miles. Glad to be part of the group!

My 2 weeks have officially passed. I just had the NEMA 14-50 outlet installed today so I'm ready to go. In fact the registration on my current car is due in about 2 weeks so I'm really hoping I get it before then so I don’t have to pay for it and the Tesla.
Ditto. Outlet installed today. Plugged in the adapter for fun..now I just have to stare at it hanging there for a few weeks. Lol

Looking at the tracker spread sheet most orders prior to 7/25 are likely filled. The next bulk either white cars and/or performance!!! Most likely they will batch the performance next because it’s probably hasn’t been built since the drastic price drop and most people are ordering P3D. Reading the text messages posts, most order will be go out soon the east coast people most likely got the 5-6 weeks and the rest got 3-4 weeks estimate.

Hi everyone. I ordered a M3P White/Black on 8/13. No VIN assignment as of yet. Talked with the sales and delivery offices in San Diego yesterday. No information aside from an acknowledgement that there is a delay on white cars. I have not received a text mentioning a delayed delivery.

Looking at the tracker spread sheet most orders prior to 7/25 are likely filled. The next bulk either white cars and/or performance!!! Most likely they will batch the performance next because it’s probably hasn’t been built since the drastic price drop and most people are ordering P3D. Reading the text messages posts, most order will be go out soon the east coast people most likely got the 5-6 weeks and the rest got 3-4 weeks estimate.
Where can I find the tracker spreadsheet?

Hello everyone,

First post but wanted to join the group. Ordered my white/black P3D on Aug 11th and no Vin yet. My contact said it’s because of the higher demand on the white since it no longer has an additional cost. No update on time yet though.

Has anyone had any luck getting anything extra because of the inconvenience? Wondering if we can ask for additional discounts or free SC miles. Glad to be part of the group!
I agree. Tesla should provide some sort of compensation for those who have waited longer than the estimated delivery date provided at reservation time. I am without a car, with no end in sight. The gentleman at the Tesla sales store I spoke with yesterday couldn't provide any facts on when my car may be available and suggested finding a cheap rental car since it might be a while. That doesn't seem right. These are hard out of pockets costs that I had not assumed beyond the estimated delivery date I was given. I hope Tesla makes it right.

My 2 weeks have officially passed. I just had the NEMA 14-50 outlet installed today so I'm ready to go. In fact the registration on my current car is due in about 2 weeks so I'm really hoping I get it before then so I don’t have to pay for it and the Tesla.

That SUCKS!! In AZ, if you paid the registration on your current car then traded it in or sold it, the pro-rated registration amount for the balance of the year would be refunded by the state.

It would be complete insanity to pay the registration on a car, then sell it and lose all that money. Crazy!!

7/31 order, no VIN, no communication. I don’t even have a white car (mine is MSM). Pretty frustrating, I wish they’d just communicate. Tesla really sucks at customer service and honestly, I am second guessing spending so much on a car with such a poor support system behind it.

If they’d just say “we’re building European orders right now and will transition back to US orders on 9/1” that would be totally fine. Instead they lie on lead time and conceal what’s going on to get as many orders as possible, and string you along hoping you won’t cancel. Not very confidence inspiring.