Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just so you guys have another reference point, I placed my order online on 8/14
white exterior
black interior
performance
fsd

I stopped into a local Tesla store on 8/18 to ask a couple questions and get try to get some estimate of delivery . The guy at the store told me that my car wasn't slated for production until around 9/15 (I don't remember exact date he stated) and that I should expect delivery around 9/22.

I spoke with some current model 3 owners on a different forum and they told me there is no way a guy at the store could look into the system and see that info... who knows

Ordered the same color combo without the FSD and we are both from AZ... I didn’t get a text today compared to others who ordered from around the state... hopefully it won’t be too long of a wait.

I ordered white/white P3D+ July 23 just received a text today saying

"Thank you for ordering your Model 3! We are waiting for a few finishing touches to be made on your vehicle and will be reaching out to schedule you for delivery soon."

I dont what this means compared to everyone else's text. Since they didn't specify a time frame

I ordered white/white P3D+ July 23 just received a text today saying

"Thank you for ordering your Model 3! We are waiting for a few finishing touches to be made on your vehicle and will be reaching out to schedule you for delivery soon."

I dont what this means compared to everyone else's text. Since they didn't specify a time frame

This sounds like they are getting ready to put yours on a delivery truck and should get there soon. And since you are in Nevada it should take no more than a week. Good luck.

@Jaboabdo - Agree, you should be getting another contact with a delivery date within the coming week. Awesome!

Now I have a dilemma. My sales guy said he will release their demo car white/black performance with 600 miles to me today (actually take delivery monday or tuesday) but the discount is only $200. The car looks perfect however. Do I take it now and start enjoying the car or wait the 4-5 weeks additional crap shoot for a new car?

I had originally ordered a white/white performance, but I got spooked when everyone received those text messages. We just recently moved into a new place and had to furnish it so our Amex reported that balance and dropped our score by 30 points. Out of fear that we wouldn't get approved a second time for a car loan (if delivery took longer than 30 days), I opted for an inventory black/white P3D instead, which my wife actually preferred.

Excited to take delivery!!

@Jaboabdo - Agree, you should be getting another contact with a delivery date within the coming week. Awesome!

Now I have a dilemma. My sales guy said he will release their demo car white/black performance with 600 miles to me today (actually take delivery monday or tuesday) but the discount is only $200. The car looks perfect however. Do I take it now and start enjoying the car or wait the 4-5 weeks additional crap shoot for a new car?
Wait for sure.

Ordered P3D+ on 8/15:
MSM
Black and White Premium Interior
No FSD

Heard nothing since then. I called Tesla last week and they told me my car could be delivered as early as next week. Don't really believe that after reading the previous comments on this thread though.

They probably are planning for quarter end production numbers. Those that ordered that got a text probably will get a car before quarter end and those that did not will be sometime in Q4. My guess is the cars they are building now are for overseas orders so they can ship and sell in time to recognize revenue in Q3 to make their production numbers.

They probably are planning for quarter end production numbers. Those that ordered that got a text probably will get a car before quarter end and those that did not will be sometime in Q4. My guess is the cars they are building now are for overseas orders so they can ship and sell in time to recognize revenue in Q3 to make their production numbers.
When is their quarter end? September 30?

2 days ago I got this text:

Thank you for ordering your Model 3! We are waiting for a few finishing touches to be made on your vehicle. Please expect another 3-4 weeks before we reach out to schedule you for delivery.

I ordered M3P on 8/4 white on white w/o FSD.

Called my sales guy who gave 2 reasons for longer wait time:

1). Tesla does cars in batches (maybe white on white).

2). Cars manufactured for overseas deliveries.

I was very annoyed to say the least. Will be month and a half by the time I take delivery.

Still seems to only be white orders that got this text. Although I do suspect they’re making overseas cars at the moment, causing a general delay (my gray P3D+ order is going on 4 weeks with no VIN), there must be something about the white that is causing this delay specifically.