Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been long time lurker...new to finally posting as I get closer to getting my new toy!

Ordered 11/8
Went to Tesla New Owner workshop and looked up in back end and build date is 12/9
Delivery scheduled 12/24

Saw another Performance build date of someone who ordered in October for 12/9 as well so guess they do a run of them at once!

Still no VIN...I guess that only gets loaded after the build date.

Ok I guess I was wrong...yesterday did the page source thing and no vin...just did it now after posting above and now it shows a VIN. So am guessing the VIN gets issued before car is built or my car is built haha...either way happy its getting closer.

Reactions: puppers
Hippy and Snake when was your vin assigned in source? I ask bc mine was assigned 12/3 and I’m picking up 12/11 in West Palm. Odd that Tampa is 10 days later.

Dude, I know! My VIN was in source on 12/2. Called today and she said truck was scheduled to arrive on the 20th but could come earlier. I just realized that I will have to see if I can get the last appointment on the 21st (currently have the first at 1000) because we are going to be in Orlando at Disney (ugh...).

I think it has to do with interior color possibly

stephanb ordered a black interior (i ordered white)and ordered over a week after me ..as well as got a VIN a day after me, but his vehicle is arriving at the same location im picking up at but 10 days earlier.

It has to do with logistics of the delivery centers and what cars can be produced. They will hold some cars after being made, so that they can fill up a truck going to same location/path

it's the same reason you will see people with dates far ahead sneak in a vin before others, so they can fill up a truck

Last edited:
Reactions: StephanB
Fellow Wisconsinite here and also ordered on 10/24. My pick up location is Schaumburg. VIN showed up in source yesterday along with the non-functioning MVPA link. Call the Schaumburg center and they emailed me a copy of the purchase agreement with the VIN, but I don't have a delivery date yet.
Wisconsin as well. Highland park pickup 14th. White/white.