Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 10/11 - No Vin

This is playing out pretty much exactly as we had been expecting. Overseas, east coast, west coast. CA people will likely see Vins next week with delivery the last two weeks of Dec. This is what I was told in October by my SA when I ordered and it looks like he was spot on. Still, the waiting sucks.

Are we speculating that they're doing this so they can get the further-away cars shipped on time?

• Helpful
Reactions: Diamondman
this sickens me. Ordered 10/12 and no vin here in AZ. That really irks me
Take it with a grain of salt. The poster's account was just created today and that was their one and only post. I'm not saying he/she is lying, but I am pretty confident that's not a Utah P3D+. I could definitely see it being a 12/1 Red LR AWD order getting matched to a stealth performance, though.

Ordered 10/11 - No Vin

This is playing out pretty much exactly as we had been expecting. Overseas, east coast, west coast. CA people will likely see Vins next week with delivery the last two weeks of Dec. This is what I was told in October by my SA when I ordered and it looks like he was spot on. Still, the waiting sucks.
My guy has been less than informative. I ordered when it still said "2 weeks". He reached out almost immediately, and his email said "your delivery will occur soon!" hahahahahah.. then, after the price change, and time extension was shown on the page, I reached out to him.. he said "oh, it will be less than 5 weeks". We all know how that goes. Now, anytime i reach out to him, only 1 word answers. Hes so great at communication :)

My guy has been less than informative. I ordered when it still said "2 weeks". He reached out almost immediately, and his email said "your delivery will occur soon!" hahahahahah.. then, after the price change, and time extension was shown on the page, I reached out to him.. he said "oh, it will be less than 5 weeks". We all know how that goes. Now, anytime i reach out to him, only 1 word answers. Hes so great at communication :)

If it makes you feel any better that's about the only thing he's got right. When I mentioned FSD to him on a phone call once he had no idea what that was. I've also had multiple emails and phone messages go ignored. At this point I just want to get the car and be done with the crappy Tesla buying process. I've never had to work so hard to spend 60k in my life. I'm also praying that the service experience isn't as bad as the buying experience once I have the car.

Update: found VIN son display at 5:00pm EST today.
VIN:602907

we have the same color combination but I do have fsd and while nothing has popped up for me on the chrome extension for the vin.. this is the first time the key word vin has popped up in the source code. And it’s vin by itself with what looks like potentially space to be added soon. 9 different times the key word pops up and only one has my original trade in vin next to it. Weird I don’t remember vin popping up at all before.

I got a second text earlier this week telling me to finish my profile in 72 hours or risk getting a car in 2019. I reached out to teh market Manager in the Chicago area and he responded today: "Will check on this right now. Some of the applications were stuck in the system.
Will push over to the finance team and follow up shortly."

I don't know what that means but i don't like it one bit. I was trying to not be "that guy" that constantly calls when they likely don't know anything and simply trust in the system. I am hopeful that I have not completely missed the widow of shipments to Chicago since there have been quite a few reporting delivery dates here already. As of now, I have no VIN and ordered on 10/24 Black/black.

If you are on the east coast or central and have seen others getting VINS and delivery dates with similar configurations, call the delivery location and ask them to double check things. I will report back what I hear from the Market Manager Chris as soon as I hear.

Reactions: DiggieC
Much apologies, After further looking into it I did NOT get a VIN today. I got a text from Tesla today saying action needed and logged in to my account quickly durning work and saw a long number in my account and request to verify VIN on insurance. Assumed that number was my VIN...it was my order number . But now after hearing all you order dates I’m worried I ain’t gettin’ the car in time to get the tax rebate.

At the Salt Lake location right now for "orientation" and look what's sitting in the parking lot... My exact config next to a grey performance!

IMG_20191205_173946.jpg
IMG_20191205_174126.jpg