Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What delivery center are you picking up at?
Owings Mills MD

I was making small talk with the other SAs while onsite and they told me they have 100+ deliveries scheduled today, tomorrow, and Sunday. Not sure how many of them are Performance models, but there were at least a handful of them on the lot. Mine was tucked away out of sight, so no saying how many more had arrived.

Hi Frank, I'm in Austin too and I ordered Model 3 Performance Black/White No FSD on 11/23. So I would like to know when you get yours delivered so it will give me hope. If for some reason I hear anything I will let you know as well. However, I'm not expecting to get mine until the end of the year but there is always hope. Good luck and congratulations.
FWIW I got an email this morning from Sean in LV about delivery, but it noted no VIN yet.

VIN in source code on 12/3
Schedule Delivery text received on 12/4
MVPA link active and working on 12/6
No VIN on Details page yet

Anyone knows how long does it take VIN to populate on Details page, and where exactly on page will it be?

Also and as an FYI, my bank asked for a Letter of Guarantee to be provided by Tesla before they can wire funds. Anyone have had to do that, and if so, how long did it take Tesla to provide one from the time you requested it?

Thank you in advance for any insight and feedback to above questions.

VIN in source code on 12/3
Schedule Delivery text received on 12/4
MVPA link active and working on 12/6
No VIN on Details page yet

Anyone knows how long does it take VIN to populate on Details page, and where exactly on page will it be?

Also and as an FYI, my bank asked for a Letter of Guarantee to be provided by Tesla before they can wire funds. Anyone have had to do that, and if so, how long did it take Tesla to provide one from the time you requested it?

Thank you in advance for any insight and feedback to above questions.

My VIN didn’t officially populate in my account until I received a delivery date.

Owings Mills MD

I was making small talk with the other SAs while onsite and they told me they have 100+ deliveries scheduled today, tomorrow, and Sunday. Not sure how many of them are Performance models, but there were at least a handful of them on the lot. Mine was tucked away out of sight, so no saying how many more had arrived.
Called my SA and picking up now in Rockville. Originally scheduled for Wednesday. Thanks to your post I’m getting my car today!

Reactions: CRE-H2P
It’s actually beautiful. Not a single issue with panel gaps, interior quality, blah blah. I truly believe Tesla has made huge strides in the QC department and it shows.

With that said, the person who checked the car over prior to delivery noted a super minor scratch on the back of the front passenger seat (in the plastic part). I wouldn’t have thought twice about it, but they already scheduled me for an entire seat replacement next week. This went above and beyond in my opinion.

And with THAT said, I also have to say I was a pretty annoying customer. Ordered 10/6 and was told 2 weeks max for delivery. Once my trade started being devalued, and the car price started increasing from what we agreed ($250+ for the black paint, $1000+ for the performance), I started making noise. Then the SA sent a group text message to all customers (privacy?), to which I couldn’t help but reply-all with the picture below.

From that moment on, I felt that my order was expedited. Not trying to suggest that you should be annoying (we all have annoying customers in our lives) but sometimes a few extra questions are justified.

I’ll grab a bunch of pics and post them shortly. Needless to say I’m ecstatic with the purchase and really enjoyed letting auto pilot drive me home :) while resisting the urge to mash the accelerator the whole time haha View attachment 485430

Haha we need more memes. They take my mind off of this excruciating wait.

Reactions: CRE-H2P