Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been lurking on this thread since I ordered on Nov 30. I haven't seen many other posts from people that ordered around the same time as me, but I'm sure they're out there. So, for what it's worth, here is my data for comparison!

P3, white ext, black int, no FSD
Order date: 11/30/19
No VIN (not in source either)
No delivery date
My Telsa account went to the second checkmark (pictured) on 12/6/19

Advisor has assured me several times that I will def take delivery before 12/31, but man am I doubting that after reading through all these posts!
View attachment 486232
Lol my account page has looked like that since 5 Oct. a lot of September people here as well.

I don't particularly want a white interior, but it seems like they're getting the priority. Is it possible to be matched with a white interior VIN more quickly than black? If so, is requesting a change an option?

I ordered a white on black M3P with FSD on 11/26 (Raleigh, NC), which I know is more recently than most have been waiting, just want to improve my odds of getting one before EoY if possible.
I would assume they are making these to line up with existing orders so switching interior colors might just screw yourself. Why would you think that if you switched you would suddenly get ahead in the line of people already waiting for that color interior? Just breathe people!

Reactions: RIP_GSLN
That car looks awesome! Are those the gray metallic wheels that the M3's come with now?
Yep. Just picked mine up today

IMG_20191208_163537.jpg

I would assume they are making these to line up with existing orders so switching interior colors might just screw yourself. Why would you think that if you switched you would suddenly get ahead in the line of people already waiting for that color interior? Just breathe people!
Same reason some people switch to a Stealth and got a VIN right away. I wasn't assuming they were all built-to-order and it doesn't seem to be first come, first served. I wouldn't switch to a Stealth, but if there were more supply of white interiors, then I could compromise there. I'm just seeing people who ordered three months ago and still haven't gotten a VIN, and I don't want to be here three months from now without my VIN, either.

Reactions: AC2DC
Yep. Just picked mine up today

View attachment 486293

Good Deal! I'm supposed to pick mine up this coming Saturday, but was having second thoughts considering there is a dealership right down the road from where I will be going back to and it's a financial commitment. Now it's got me sold on keeping my order. I have an appointment to XPEL stealth and window tint a few days after picking up my performance. I also ordered 21" Vorsteiner V-FF 109's over Black Friday which I won't receive until closer the end of January. I do like the metallic gray for the meantime. Your car looks good!

Reactions: StephanB
Same reason some people switch to a Stealth and got a VIN right away. I wasn't assuming they were all built-to-order and it doesn't seem to be first come, first served. I wouldn't switch to a Stealth, but if there were more supply of white interiors, then I could compromise there. I'm just seeing people who ordered three months ago and still haven't gotten a VIN, and I don't want to be here three months from now without my VIN, either.
Going on 2.5 myself and I’ll be dammed if I’m not gonna get exactly what I ordered. Lol

Reactions: RIP_GSLN