Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To the folks waiting for delivery in Utah: I attended the new owner orientation this evening at the Tesla Sales Center in SLC. The one piece of valuable information for me was that Mike, the guy who was leading the orientation, and seemed to be management at the Sales Center, said they will be receiving 200 cars a week for the next 3 weeks, so they are going to be moving a LOT of them. There were about 30 people attending, and it sounds like they're planning on delivering about 100 cars per week through the end of the year. He was VERY confident that everyone who had already ordered would be receiving their cars. Here's hoping it's true! :)
Thank you for the info!!

Ordered on 11/23 and got my VIN today and delivery is this Friday 12/13. Scrambling now to get insurance and whatnot in order.

SA’s all told me different things, including me not getting it this year. Happy to get this over with and not during the holidays so maybe I can take a vacation :)

hopefully the car isn’t a demo car like I’m reading elsewhere.

Where in NJ? I ordred on 10/17, Vin on 12/1, Delivery 12/19? Paramus pick up, but I spoke to Delivery person over the phone and they said my car was in transit somewhere.

I ordered 12/2 Red/Blk P3D+
VIN IN source 12/9
Text for delivery 12/10
Delivery 12/11 in SLC
Never talked to or know who my SA is.
Honesty it came too fast, not fully prepared with all my plans (ie ordered all season tires today) It’s like having a child early and no crib for it. I’m a little concerned how fast it came and hoping it didn’t come from the land of misfit toys!

I called and postponed delivery til 10/14 and while on the phone asked why I got mine, but all these nice peeps on the interweb aren’t getting theirs. He said it’s because of configuration. Elon, in a plant tour said paint is easy to change on the assembly line, but other things are difficult to change on the line. The guy said last week production was primary long range and this week is performance models. Who knows.

Placed my order on 11/20 (wht/wht P3D) and no VIN or news from my SA in LA. Obviously, plenty of you guys have earlier orders than me and are in the same boat.

Just checked the website and, as of 5 mins ago, their still claiming that "orders placed today will be available for delivery by 12/31" Interesting...
Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 11.59.16 PM.png

Reactions: skydreamerjae
Order Date: 10/26/19
Black/Black P3D+ w/ FSD
VIN in Source: 12/09/19 3.30PM PST

Here's an update and a question:

As mentioned, I received my VIN in source two days ago. Yesterday, I got a text to schedule delivery, and my delivery is set for this Friday. However, I still don't have an MVPA. I'm using my CU for financing so I have to have the MVPA before delivery. I've talked to my DC and it seems like they rely on someone else just like I am. First, they were like "it'll be there by 4PM today" but it wasn't there. I called them after 4PM and they were like "give it until 9AM tomorrow". Is there someone other than SAs/DAs I can call so I can nudge them to get the MVPA created so I can give them money?

Considering picking up one of these from Tesla's inventory, but I'm not quite sure about three things.

1. Will they be eligible for the tax credit?
2. Do you think they are demo models?
3. The top speed on these is 145, but when you custom order one, it says top speed is 162 mph.

I didn't order mine with FSD, so getting one of these, even without the tax credit, might benefit me.

upload_2019-12-11_7-17-41.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-11_7-15-6.png
    upload_2019-12-11_7-15-6.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 42
Considering picking up one of these from Tesla's inventory, but I'm not quite sure about three things.

3. The top speed on these is 145, but when you custom order one, it says top speed is 162 mph.

I didn't order mine with FSD, so getting one of these, even without the tax credit, might benefit me.

View attachment 487012

Yes they are likely demo models. Also it appears they don’t have the newer gray performance wheels

Reactions: jon0351
1. They should be eligible for the 1875 rebate since they are being sold as new.
2. I think they are demos since returns would be sold as used.
3. I haven't seen any full performance model limited to 145(most people won't ever get to even this).

Things to consider:
Are you okay with other people more than likely testing out that 0-60 in those 600-1000 miles?
It's a 2019 model so you get your frunk hooks(if that even matters to you)
It's a good bit cheaper when compared to my MSM and that is $2000 cheaper than what you can order today.

Overall, I think they are good discounts and I would just look over the car a little better because of the test drives.

Where in NJ? I ordred on 10/17, Vin on 12/1, Delivery 12/19? Paramus pick up, but I spoke to Delivery person over the phone and they said my car was in transit somewhere.
Springfield. I ordered 11/23 and got my Vin yesterday and a text saying my car is ready Friday. Quite confusing how it all accelerated so fast after hearing the complete opposite from every SA but I also ordered the most expensive 3 with all options so it’s possible they expedited those orders to hit certain numbers?

You’re a week away! Aren’t we all just so excited?!

View attachment 487012

I think you'll be good for the tax credit. Tesla is working hard to fulfill as many 4Q orders as possible. Even new sales of 2019 vehicles. Also, the speed question. I've never gotten a car over 120 mph on the road and have no desire to. Do you ever reasonably foresee yourself testing the difference of 145-162? Those speeds are particularly lethal. Enjoy the 0-60!!! :)

Wow, they really are all over the place with these deliveries. Congrats!
What’s confusing is that each SA is saying different things. My original SA telling me third week of December. Another SA telling me production has stopped and no one is getting it. A third telling me it may be a few weeks.

And then within the span of 2 days getting a message to pick my car up. Glad it’s nearly over because I wanted to take time off during the holidays.

I can’t say I felt taken care of during the process. It’s confusing and unclear and the communication gaps are heavy. Hopefully the post sale care is better.

I think you'll be good for the tax credit. Tesla is working hard to fulfill as many 4Q orders as possible. Even new sales of 2019 vehicles. Also, the speed question. I've never gotten a car over 120 mph on the road and have no desire to. Do you ever reasonably foresee yourself testing the difference of 145-162? Those speeds are particularly lethal. Enjoy the 0-60!!! :)

I'm going from a hellcat to the model 3. I NEED THE SPEED! lol

Reactions: DrtyJrze
I've never gotten a car over 120 mph on the road and have no desire to. Do you ever reasonably foresee yourself testing the difference of 145-162? Those speeds are particularly lethal. Enjoy the 0-60!!! :)

Any speed can be lethal, there’s a dozen other factors just as important.

Also speed is relative. If you're coming from a 2001 Toyota Camry, 120 mph may seem fast. But if you drive a higher end car, 120 mph is pretty slow. You can cruise around at that speed in those cars and it feels natural/normal, meanwhile the Camry is shaking and falling apart at 85.

Personally my hole doesn’t start clinching up until above 155. That’s when I start contemplating my life choices, lol. I’m sure for some on here the threshold is higher than that.

97% (made up stat) of owners will never get close to 162, so 145 is more than enough. But that isn’t really “OMG THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!” fast on the car scale.

162 is more like “welcome to the big boys club, junior”. You’re not going to eat anyone’s lunch at 160.