Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if my reservation (no VIN yet, ordered 10/29) would be delayed or impacted if I now decide to self-finance instead of using the already approved Wells Fargo loan approval through Tesla?

I'm currently at the typical "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment" status on my order. I was planning to call my SA and have them reset my financing option for my account so I can enter my new loan provider/choice.

With this wait my mind has been tormenting me with proclamations of, "watch them rerun your credit and deny the loan". I am set to take delivery on the 18th. What are the chances my already approved terms will suddenly be thrown out as the SAs laugh at my misfortune with malevolent glee?

• Funny
Reactions: jon0351
With this wait my mind has been tormenting me with proclamations of, "watch them rerun your credit and deny the loan". I am set to take delivery on the 18th. What are the chances my already approved terms will suddenly be thrown out as the SAs laugh at my misfortune with malevolent glee?

Depends on your bank, but more than likely they should be able to extend your approval. I know some banks and credit unions are pretty Tesla savvy now and have a separate subsection for 'Tesla Loans' They give you a 90 day approval window.

You can also provide your order date and of course, state it's for a Telsa, and they should be able to extend without having to re-run your credit. If they don't... hopefully nothing has changed recently in your financial situation so you should by default, get the same approval.

Reactions: Gavor
Does anyone know if my reservation (no VIN yet, ordered 10/29) would be delayed or impacted if I now decide to self-finance instead of using the already approved Wells Fargo loan approval through Tesla?

I'm currently at the typical "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment" status on my order. I was planning to call my SA and have them reset my financing option for my account so I can enter my new loan provider/choice.

No. I called and they made a similar change for me. It showed up on my “manage reservation” page minutes later. No delay experienced on delivery.

I think I was given some misinformation (shocker).
The US Bank is totally separate from your Tesla account? I was told the payments could be made through your Tesla account and not through the third party bank. Do you need to set up an account with US Bank? Not sure WHY I would use Tesla (via US Bank) matching to Bank of America, instead of just using Bank of America (which I already have for mortgage and accounts).
Tesla isn't servicing your loan. They match you with a lender, and the lender services it.
Yes, you will have to write checks or setup electronic payments to US Bank.

I’m in San Diego and order white/white no FSD on 10/18!! So yeah we will see

I am in San Diego as well and ordered Red/White FSD on 10/08. Looked at couple of Red/White 2019 inventory vehicles yesterday but were gone by the time I went back home (Interested in silver wheels). Talked to SA who had mentioned earlier that there should be some action this week. That has now changed to last two weeks.

I am in San Diego as well and ordered Red/White FSD on 10/08. Looked at couple of Red/White 2019 inventory vehicles yesterday but were gone by the time I went back home (Interested in silver wheels). Talked to SA who had mentioned earlier that there should be some action this week. That has now changed to last two weeks.

Well, there you go! I knew there was another out there! We’re waiting on the same config.

I’m sitting here thinking that only maybe 20% of my current frustration comes from actual anticipation, and desire for this car. 80% of it is just pure stress caused by the year-end rush, the imposed deadline, and Tesla’s less than stellar track record of meeting deadlines.
Don’t get me wrong, I want this car badly, but this isn’t my first rodeo - yet every time I had to wait months for a new car it was joyful anticipation instead of worrying.
I think the lack of reliable information is where Tesla sales is way behind other manufacturers.