Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's awesome but if you do get your car right away for existing inventory that would be extremely disappointing for anyone who placed their order a long time ago. Doesn't make sense at all.

Completely agree. I don't get why Tesla has an "Existing Inventory" page if demand is currently outweighing supply...unless the cars that are showing up on the Existing Inventory page represent the additional supply after fulfilling reservations but that doesn't seem to be the case with these people currently waiting.

Completely agree. I don't get why Tesla has an "Existing Inventory" page if demand is currently outweighing supply...unless the cars that are showing up on the Existing Inventory page represent the additional supply after fulfilling reservations but that doesn't seem to be the case with these people currently waiting.

I believe this may be the case. The VIN I am seeing in my source code is very close to those I am seeing in inventory matching my order.

I see a Huge number of P3Ds right now.

104 all over US

BLUE 24
MSM 25
WHITE 32
RED 6
BLACK 17

Whtie Interior 35
AP only 95
According to another thread people have called about these inventory models and they are all pre productions. They also supposedly made a new rule this week that you can’t switch to those cars. Don’t know if that’s true or not. Haven’t tried it myself. Either way it’s really poor service. I just want my damn vin so I can get my car! Over this entire buying process. My SA responds to all my texts but the only answer I get is you will get your car “soon” :mad:

I see a Huge number of P3Ds right now.

104 all over US

BLUE 24
MSM 25
WHITE 32
RED 6
BLACK 17

Whtie Interior 35
AP only 95

I ordered my P3D yesterday afternoon when the Existing Inventory was showing none. Checked again last night and as you mention, it is flooded with them. I put another $100 down on a spec exactly like I made earlier that day and that reservation already has a VIN assigned per the source code review, where my other reservation still has Null. Does it mean I'll receive my car before end of December? Only time will tell, but I'm going into Tesla this morning to confirm from their end what they see and get their thoughts on if I should cancel the reservation which I have "Null" to make sure I don't buy two. Either way, I think I lost $100 but its at the chance of a $1,875 tax credit. Worth the 18x ROI if it works out. If not, then oh well, $100.

Reactions: Haeffelin
I ordered my P3D yesterday afternoon when the Existing Inventory was showing none. Checked again last night and as you mention, it is flooded with them. I put another $100 down on a spec exactly like I made earlier that day and that reservation already has a VIN assigned per the source code review, where my other reservation still has Null. Does it mean I'll receive my car before end of December? Only time will tell, but I'm going into Tesla this morning to confirm from their end what they see and get their thoughts on if I should cancel the reservation which I have "Null" to make sure I don't buy two. Either way, I think I lost $100 but its at the chance of a $1,875 tax credit. Worth the 18x ROI if it works out. If not, then oh well, $100.

Bingo

According to another thread people have called about these inventory models and they are all pre productions. They also supposedly made a new rule this week that you can’t switch to those cars. Don’t know if that’s true or not. Haven’t tried it myself. Either way it’s really poor service. I just want my damn vin so I can get my car! Over this entire buying process. My SA responds to all my texts but the only answer I get is you will get your car “soon” :mad:
I did try and was told that i couldn’t switch.

Where’s my vin

0BC2F2D9-D74E-4C16-9838-A3376E4AED5D.gif