Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm honestly really shocked at some of the numbers I'm seeing for insurance rates! No wonder Tesla wanted to start their own.

I don't know what the driving history or age, driving history or credit scores of these folks are. FWIW, I'm male, 35, married with no accidents or tickets in the last 10+ years, parked in garage and we pay $712 semi-annually to insure 2 teslas. San Diego, insurance through Costco (Ameriprise).

Love, Love, LOVE this car! Cannot believe how much power this thing has.

Took delivery on 12/26 from the Carlsbad DC. Not a single blemish, misaligned panel, squeak or rattle to be found. Upgraded from a BMW i3.

Wow! You got a good rate! I am male, 66, no accidents in 30 years or tickets in 5 years (California only looks back 3 years). I have multiple lines with the same insurance company and get great discounts. Yet my half yearly (every 6 months) rate is something like $460 for one Tesla.

I guess you got a winner through Costco!

Took delivery of my car today. Terrible experience.

Drips on two doors, misaligned panels everywhere, driver door wasn't flush with rear door, hood gaps uneven, tail lights one is higher than the other, chrome trim isn't flush, big trunk gap, paint defects, chips, swirl/scrape marks on clear coat on bumper and the delivery dude told me it was wax. Wasn't rubbing off, so I was like ok...

Guy tells me oh they cant do anything about that unless its 1/2 inch. I reminded him that I was paying 73k out the door and that this was unacceptable. He said did you want to refuse and wait until January? I told him no, I'm going to send in a due bill with all of these issues. Guy didn't even care. He asks me, are you done inspecting? I'm like uh...no dude, I'm still looking around. Looks like Tesla is just picking up anyone off of the street. Really annoying. Now I have to go in and schedule service and set up everything. I was hoping to go out of town tomorrow but sounds like that won't be happening.

Went inside, talked to a nice fellow who recommended Berkeley. Said to avoid Dublin due to the poor customer service, which I agreed. Every single time I've gone in there was a fiasco. From my appointment test drive that took 30 mins to pull up the car, to not having stuff in stock when they said they did have them in stock, waste of time. Sounds like I'm going to Berkeley tomorrow. Also, the voice commands nothing is working, so I have to type in everything manually. Otherwise car is just lovely. Just beware of crappy delivery staff. I hope they're temporary as I'll likely send in a review to get the guy who delivered my car dismissed. He doesn't need to be working there. Complete asshat. Look carefully.

Just beware of crappy delivery staff. I hope they're temporary as I'll likely send in a review to get the guy who delivered my car dismissed. He doesn't need to be working there. Complete asshat. Look carefully.

This kind of behavior should not be tolerated here. Rant about the quality issyes, yell at Elon on Twitter, whatever but trying to destroy the livelihood of someone who is more than a few economic classes below you is entitled, narcissistic, and frankly evil.

Be better than this. And no, your $73,000 out the door car is not evidence of your betterness. Grow up.

This kind of behavior should not be tolerated here. Rant about the quality issyes, yell at Elon on Twitter, whatever but trying to destroy the livelihood of someone who is more than a few economic classes below you is entitled, narcissistic, and frankly evil.

Be better than this. And no, your $73,000 out the door car is not evidence of your betterness. Grow up.

I didn’t belittle him, act rude toward him or anything. In fact I was very kind to him, politely said I’ll take care of it later and signed the forms. He was the one who kept trying to rush me, took a personal phone call during my inspection, kept asking if I was ready to move on, and failed to address my concerns. Economic class? That’s not something I ever consider as I never find anyone below me, especially based of what we are paid. That’s pathetic. We are all humans, end of story. I always treat everyone with the same amount of respect.

The fact is he made me feel very uncomfortable, and I did not mention the price to make him feel terrible, he should know quite well what is expected of a vehicle at this price point. It’s a luxury vehicle and these kinds of defects aren’t acceptable. A BMW M2 costs around the same but you won’t find anything even close to these.

He kept saying that these cars were built in two days and I should be comfortable with these defects. I mentioned due bills and he said Tesla would likely not help me when I read otherwise online and heard differently from another staff member there. Sorry, but I actually don’t make a ton of money and I saved up quite a bit with a large down payment so don’t judge me. I just don’t want anyone else to receive the same terrible treatment with misleading information. It was very disappointing and it makes Tesla look terrible when they are actually a terrific company that I am happy to support.

Took delivery of my car today. Terrible experience.

Drips on two doors, misaligned panels everywhere, driver door wasn't flush with rear door, hood gaps uneven, tail lights one is higher than the other, chrome trim isn't flush, big trunk gap, paint defects, chips, swirl/scrape marks on clear coat on bumper and the delivery dude told me it was wax. Wasn't rubbing off, so I was like ok...

Guy tells me oh they cant do anything about that unless its 1/2 inch. I reminded him that I was paying 73k out the door and that this was unacceptable. He said did you want to refuse and wait until January? I told him no, I'm going to send in a due bill with all of these issues. Guy didn't even care. He asks me, are you done inspecting? I'm like uh...no dude, I'm still looking around. Looks like Tesla is just picking up anyone off of the street. Really annoying. Now I have to go in and schedule service and set up everything. I was hoping to go out of town tomorrow but sounds like that won't be happening.

Went inside, talked to a nice fellow who recommended Berkeley. Said to avoid Dublin due to the poor customer service, which I agreed. Every single time I've gone in there was a fiasco. From my appointment test drive that took 30 mins to pull up the car, to not having stuff in stock when they said they did have them in stock, waste of time. Sounds like I'm going to Berkeley tomorrow. Also, the voice commands nothing is working, so I have to type in everything manually. Otherwise car is just lovely. Just beware of crappy delivery staff. I hope they're temporary as I'll likely send in a review to get the guy who delivered my car dismissed. He doesn't need to be working there. Complete asshat. Look carefully.

That is a lot of things to have wrong with a brand new car. In general I recommend people reject cars with too many issues and wait for another one. But I understand the expiring tax credit is making people do things they otherwise would do differently.

We have purchased three Model 3’s in the past 12 months. All three were in absolutely perfect condition. However, we did have to reject two cars because of similar issues. The majority of cars that Tesla builds are really in excellent condition. The occasional one this is not is no big deal as long as you can reject it and wait for another one. Once January rolls around and the tax credit finally goes away people will be making decisions differently in these situations.

Reactions: M3tl

I took delivery in Rocklin, CA and had a similar delivery experience in December of last year. The delivery advisor told me "it's within spec" and would not write down the majority of the defects on the "Due Bill". Tesla did eventually fix everything for me and the car looked better than delivery day after the approved body shop fixed all the problems. I had to wait 2.5 months for the first available Tesla approved body shop appointment (the consult appointment was only a 1 week wait) and during that 2.5 month wait, Tesla let me add on 10 additional items to my Due Bill. I just sent them pics of the defects and they added them to my service profile without question. I will say everyone at Tesla that I spoke to, Except the Delivery Advisor, said they wanted me to have a Positive Experience. So, for me, they did make everything right. Almost half of my car required a respray.

I may still pre-order the new Roadster and this time I will take the advice of @OCR1 and walk away if I'm not happy with the car. At $250K before tax and license fees, I'm expecting the car to have a better build quality than my 3 Performance had....

I laugh every time someone thinks they’re owed a perfect car for what they paid. The entitlement in here for some is WAY ahead of their vehicle budget.

Your use of the word entitlement connotes an unearned privilege. Under what set of circumstances is it okay to not expect maximum value for your hard-earned dollar?
Superb trolling, BTW : )

Your use of the word entitlement connotes an unearned privilege. Under what set of circumstances is it okay to not expect maximum value for your hard-earned dollar?

I work hard for my money so I expect others to do the same. Also it’s silly to think Tesla would actually fire a dude over one review. Obviously just a rant. I admit I was a bit tired and heated yesterday. It just pisses me off that the guy wouldn’t even acknowledge these were issues. At this point I don’t even know where to submit and review and likely won’t. Don’t take the internet too seriously.

Annoyed that I have to go out of my way for this. I don’t actually care about the issues as I know Tesla will make it right. That I’m sure of. It was just his overall attitude.

I was very excited for my vehicle and that quickly turned upside down. All he had to do is help me note the issues. I didn’t think that was too much to ask for.

You call it trolling, I call it a reality check.

Entitlement is expecting to get a mass produced car with no flaws and a perfect delivery experience because you paid $40-70k, lol. That is the ENTRY level luxury price range, where privileges are set at “basic”. There are a lot of overinflated egos in here with demands that far exceed the checks they're writing.

Idk who set that expectation in here, but it’s comical to watch people constantly complain about paint drips, slight offsets, cosmetic alignments, light scratches, etc.

Newsflash: People who pay 2/3/5x what we paid DO NOT receive perfect cars. There are always issues, especially with paint. Maximum value will NEVER equate to 100% perfect car. Sorry to burst your bubble. There will be flaws.

Pro-tip: Those of us who have higher paint standards know that paint correction is ALWAYS required for cars immediately after delivery. This should be included in the cost of purchase and part of your buying process. All factory paint jobs are satisfactory, at best.

So instead of us as a community whining and allowing others to cry about every little thing, we should collectively set the expectation upfront that there may be some flaws. Minor issues can be corrected (98% of the post in here). Major issues (mechanical or safety) are genuine concerns that Tesla should address immediately, or rejection of delivery is warranted.

People here are acting like they’re buying handcrafted chariots from Jesus. It’s a daily driver people. The paint will be damaged 30 seconds after leaving the lot. Stop stressing yourselves over every imperfection, back the magnifying glass off of the small chip in the wheel well, and view the vehicle as a whole.

You’ll be able to enjoy the car (and probably life) a lot more.

At this point I don’t even know where to submit and review and likely won’t.

Tesla will send you an email in a few days asking for a review of your experience, giving you an opportunity to voice your concerns.

If he was callous to you he probably has done the same to others. He won’t get terminated for just your review, but if a pattern is demonstrated through multiple reviews he may not be a good fit for the position.

• Informative
It is a great day today! Not one issue I could find or bitch about. Amazing staff at the Marina Del Rey DC!

Wishing a smooth and quick delivery for all who are still waiting!

View attachment 493083 View attachment 493084 View attachment 493085

Post-delivery update. A few minor issues.

1. A-pillar (or something near it) rattles, and I only have 200 miles on the odometer.

2. Left side of the trunk is slightly misaligned.

3. Right, front passenger door slightly misaligned at the point where the b-pillar and rocker panel meet.

4. One tiny paint blemish that looks like dust got trapped.

Tesla will send you an email in a few days asking for a review of your experience, giving you an opportunity to voice your concerns.

If he was callous to you he probably has done the same to others. He won’t get terminated for just your review, but if a pattern is demonstrated through multiple reviews he may not be a good fit for the position.

I can assure you that I was just upset and tired last night and will not be leaving a review that will negatively impact him. Again, just a rant. Dont take what I say too seriously. It’s just the internet after all.

I’m sure a lot of us would be a bit annoyed at the very least though.

Reactions: SaloonGoon
OK, I need some help. My car, as I mentioned earlier, was delivered last night. However, I still haven't received the notification from Tesla that it's been (or going to be) delivered; my order page still looks like they're waiting to complete drafting my contract and my car doesn't show up in my Tesla application. I can't even prove that I (or my credit union and I) own the car. I've tried contacting support by the Tesla support web page and both sales and support by phone, but even though I'm calling within the weekend sales hours I an still getting an our offices are now closed type message. Is there any way to get a hold of someone today?

OK, I need some help. My car, as I mentioned earlier, was delivered last night. However, I still haven't received the notification from Tesla that it's been (or going to be) delivered; my order page still looks like they're waiting to complete drafting my contract and my car doesn't show up in my Tesla application. I can't even prove that I (or my credit union and I) own the car. I've tried contacting support by the Tesla support web page and both sales and support by phone, but even though I'm calling within the weekend sales hours I an still getting an our offices are now closed type message. Is there any way to get a hold of someone today?

With the chat (accessed through new inventory page when bubble pops up in the corner) you weren’t able to reach anyone? Usually they say someone will reach out and they haven’t failed me yet.

OK, I need some help. My car, as I mentioned earlier, was delivered last night. However, I still haven't received the notification from Tesla that it's been (or going to be) delivered; my order page still looks like they're waiting to complete drafting my contract and my car doesn't show up in my Tesla application. I can't even prove that I (or my credit union and I) own the car. I've tried contacting support by the Tesla support web page and both sales and support by phone, but even though I'm calling within the weekend sales hours I am still getting an our offices are now closed type message. Is there any way to get a hold of someone today?
It took about 24 hours for my account page to update, so I think this is normal. Keep refreshing the page every hour or so. I was also annoyed that it didn't change immediately, but it did and is now looking as I had expected.

I don’t think they’re open on the weekends, but when you speak to someone tomorrow they should be able to update/upload those documents and get them to you pretty quick.

Couple of days of ownership and loving every second! Hoping everyone takes delivery of theirs by 12/31!

IMG_20191228_221844.jpg IMG_20191228_222025.jpg