Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple of days of ownership and loving every second! Hoping everyone takes delivery of theirs by 12/31!

Same here...good luck everyone! 30-40 hours left of the year (depending on where you are).

Also, Tesla sent me a post-delivery survey which I answered. The gist of my feedback was that the product is great, people on the ground were great, but the entire back-end process is a mess. I hope they’ll improve.

Go for it Bill! The Model 3 will be a bit smaller than the fire truck but I bet more fun to drive and maneuver better. And usually one test drive sells the car so not surprised at your comment. So did you pick fire engine red? LOL.
Ha! I did originally :) Then I saw the "silver" one near my house and that with a black interior looked so james Bondish I couldn't resist.....

Reactions: SMAlset
Dec 21: Ordered a P3D+ at 11:08 AM.
Dec 24: Received a text with a tentative schedule delivery appt on Dec 30 4:00 PM.
Dec 25: VIN assigned.
Dec 25: Tesla insurance quoted me at $90.63 per month. I'll take that.
Dec 30: Tomorrow, I will be picking up the car in Carlsbad, California.

Hope everything will be smooth tomorrow. My very first EV/Tesla. Trading in my BMW M2 for this. Never even test drive a Model 3 before. Hope it's worth it. :)

Wow, even faster than my experience: Ordered 13 Dec, delivered 28 Dec.

• Love
Reactions: Ron Johnson
Hi @Jon From ID. Mine, back in 9/2018, was in the frunk I think. If not there also check in the lower trunk compartment. Otherwise do a service request explaining new car but not in it at time of delivery by carrier. Either your local SvC will have one or a mobile tech will deliver it to you. Either place may put it on for you when you have your plates. Here in Calif it took a few weeks for my plates to be mailed to me. The holder for the front is a curved piece. The rear is a stainless flat plate holder. You should have both with the car.

Did you get your mobile charging kit with the 120 adapter and the J-1772 adapter (Level 2 charging)?

Last edited:
Somehow, I got the impression there is supposed to be a front license plate holder with the car? Anyone have any idea where to look for it? I read in another forum that someone was handed one at the delivery center, but my Model 3 came to me on a car hauler.

mine was placed in the trunk. Actually my delivery, I only interacted with the guy about where my charging cables were and the license plate holders and then signed the papers and walked away. I like that, but I can see others turned off by that.

Hi @Jon From ID. Mine, back in 9/2018, was in the frunk I think. If not there also check in the lower trunk compartment. Otherwise do a service request explaining new car but not in it at time of delivery by carrier. Either your local SvC will have one or a mobile tech will deliver it to you. Either place may put it on for you when you have your plates. Here in Calif it took a few weeks for my plates to be mailed to me. The holder for the front is a curved piece. The rear is a stainless flat plate holder. You should have both with the car.

Did you get your mobile charging kit with the 120 adapter and the J-1772 adapter (Level 2 charging)?
Thanks, I got the charger and adapter. I'll search again for the frame.

E1D7EA0F-F905-413C-9ACD-67E6FFEFC192.jpeg

Got my M3P today at Marina Del Rey. Originally scheduled for 12/30 @11am, then was delayed until 12/31, but it arrived today and they were able to get it out by 4pm! Saw 4 truckloads of Model 3s on the 405 heading south and they had a bunch of vehicles waiting for delivery. At least 20-30 people picking up cars... pretty crazy.

I signed a bunch of paperwork before even seeing the car, then it took them about 40 min to get the car ready as it was still being detailed. Didn’t notice much while I was there, but later noticed the passenger door doesn’t close well without some effort, just needs a little adjustment, and also found a cut in the leather on the steering wheel. Have to have them address those issues, but otherwise it is amazing. Drives like a dream. Really love the one petal driving.

hope you all get yours!

but later noticed the passenger door doesn’t close well without some effort, just needs a little adjustment

could you tell us more about what the door feels like?
I am still not sure if I’m just imagining it but to me it feels like my driver side door needs a more forceful slam than the other side and also sounds a little louder. What exactly would they need to adjust to fix it?

could you tell us more about what the door feels like?
I am still not sure if I’m just imagining it but to me it feels like my driver side door needs a more forceful slam than the other side and also sounds a little louder. What exactly would they need to adjust to fix it?
Yeah, my driver door closes just fine, but the same force on the passenger door and it doesn’t close all the way. That one requires a more forceful slam to get it shut. It also has more of a gap between it and the rear door, so I’m thinking it’s just an alignment issue. Will let you know.

To anyone at Marina Del Rey considering buying the Midnight grey/white interior with VIN ending in 69 that was just entered into inventory, please beware there were several dents all over the vehicle one of which will require body work and new paint to fully correct. Don’t let them fool you by saying it’s a simple fix with a due bill. Unless of course you don’t mind having a new $65k car needing body work.

Reactions: rdcisneros3
I thought this too but I was told that the 162 top speed is part of the performance upgrade package and thus the stealths only hit 145. No unlock available, despite videos online showing a spoiler is needed for the upgrade, from what I was told. Not a big deal tho, unless you’re on a really long straight track

Edit: I’ve also asked this question on reddit and several have tested it and repeatedly only hit 144 mph. Maybe they’ll offer 162 unlock in the future?
Well that's a real shame as I was told the carbon fiber spoiler, larger brakes, larger wheels, car being lowered by 1", and the red line under the dual motors badge were the only differences between the M3P and M3P-. My Tesla Advisor also stated I wouldn't get track mode either but then a few weeks later, there was an OTA update that unlocked track mode.

Thank you for the informative reply. Hopefully there will be another OTA update to unlock the higher max speed. Charging for it probably may upset more owners as the difference in max speed between the two variants was not disclosed.

Reactions: M3tl