Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In respect to your question, from what I have seen on the delivery spreadsheet and comments on the forums, it looks like SR and LR have been getting delivered Jan and Feb. Haven't seen a whole lot of performance delivery posts, so if they have not started on them yet, I imagine they will be pumping out a ton of them out here shortly.

I can definitely appreciate the situation your are in and the importance of getting delivery before April 1st, I am rooting for you!

I would take heart in the fact that Tesla will be pushing very hard to get as many cars out as possible in respect to Q1 performance. You never really know, but I'd bet you get yours before April 1st. I think in the next couple weeks we are going to be seeing a whole lot of delivery postings. :cool:

Yea last week was all SR orders.
This week has been SR and bit of LR.
Predictions of next week will LR and bit of Performance.

Reactions: drew4392
Actually you are more correct, should have said SR and SR+ not so much LR. But we all know a LR is a Performance with a quick click of a button, so bring them on!!

i thought the performance has a different battery pack than LR?

You probably already know the quote by Musk that everybody has tried to investigate....

Musk did make special mention of the inverters in the P versions and he also mentioned that the motors in P versions undergo additional manufacturing processes to select them from the production motors.

Lot of discussion about this already, but consensus is there is a mechanical difference between the two cars, but to an unknown extent.

Last edited:
You probably already know the quote by Musk that everybody has tried to investigate....

Musk did make special mention of the inverters in the P versions and he also mentioned that the motors in P versions undergo additional manufacturing processes to select them from the production motors.

Lot of discussion about this already, but consensus is there is a mechanical difference between the two cars, but to an unknown extent.
But there isn’t any question on the battery pack, is there? Same battery pack but reduced range due to weight and higher rolling resistance tires?

Not a complaint, just a recap of my order experience to date:

I really like how easy Tesla makes the ordering process, as ordering a particular subset of options (especially if they're not popular) at traditional dealers is like they're doing you a favor. I don't like that the $100 application fee is a fee and not deducted from the completed purchase price, but it is what it is.

I'm not in any hurry other than it would be annoying to have to re-submit a credit app to Tesla financing if the 60 day window passes. I do wish this was clearer (perhaps a recommendation on when to actually submit the credit app) on the order page to let you know that this is a possibility if your delivery date slips.

I ordered on Feb 13, with a 4-6 week delivery window. I completed everything on the spot and had to choose either Buena Park, CA or Costa Mesa, CA as the delivery location. Bit further than I wanted to drive to, but again, it is what it is. No communications other than the automated ones, although when I did a test drive last weekend the rep confirmed that I had a sales advisor assigned to me. Received that automated text update on Monday, Feb 24 that it's still a 4-6 week delivery window.

Only thing I can definitively say is that the 4-6 week estimate that used to appear on the right-hand side of the manage page has disappeared as of last night. No VIN in source.

Lastly, I am curious to see how much lower Tesla's insurance offering will be versus my existing insurer.

Not a complaint, just a recap of my order experience to date:

I really like how easy Tesla makes the ordering process, as ordering a particular subset of options (especially if they're not popular) at traditional dealers is like they're doing you a favor. I don't like that the $100 application fee is a fee and not deducted from the completed purchase price, but it is what it is.

I'm not in any hurry other than it would be annoying to have to re-submit a credit app to Tesla financing if the 60 day window passes. I do wish this was clearer (perhaps a recommendation on when to actually submit the credit app) on the order page to let you know that this is a possibility if your delivery date slips.

I ordered on Feb 13, with a 4-6 week delivery window. I completed everything on the spot and had to choose either Buena Park, CA or Costa Mesa, CA as the delivery location. Bit further than I wanted to drive to, but again, it is what it is. No communications other than the automated ones, although when I did a test drive last weekend the rep confirmed that I had a sales advisor assigned to me. Received that automated text update on Monday, Feb 24 that it's still a 4-6 week delivery window.

Only thing I can definitively say is that the 4-6 week estimate that used to appear on the right-hand side of the manage page has disappeared as of last night. No VIN in source.

Lastly, I am curious to see how much lower Tesla's insurance offering will be versus my existing insurer.

wow, didn’t notice that the estimate is gone from the right side. Is this everyone or just people who might be closer to getting a car??

My salesperson called me last night about something else... and we ended up chatting about production and M3P ETA, etc.

My order is with the L.A. office, so they have a ton of orders. Not one Performance has been delivered. I think we all knew that anyway. The salesperson also mentioned that the Xs were starting to get delivered a couple of weeks ago.
wow, didn’t notice that the estimate is gone from the right side. Is this everyone or just people who might be closer to getting a car??

Includes me. New change as of last night.

I’m not a very patient person, so this long wait is killing me. Checking constantly on Tesla to see if there’s a vin sucks. Haha. I would hate to wait so long and then have some issue at delivery. What would you guys do if there are some issues after the long wait?