Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whe
My salesperson called me last night about something else... and we ended up chatting about production and M3P ETA, etc.

My order is with the L.A. office, so they have a ton of orders. Not one Performance has been delivered. I think we all knew that anyway. The salesperson also mentioned that the Xs were starting to get delivered a couple of weeks ago.

Includes me. New change as of last night.

When you say LA, do you mean the Pasadena one?

I’m not a very patient person, so this long wait is killing me. Checking constantly on Tesla to see if there’s a vin sucks. Haha. I would hate to wait so long and then have some issue at delivery. What would you guys do if there are some issues after the long wait?
I still feel anxiety from waiting 2 months to get my car, I totally get it haha. Luckily, I didn't have any issues after delivery, so not sure!

btw -- you can wait until the last minute to do your financing ..

it takes minutes for a loan to be approved ...

when i took delivery of my AWD LR last december, i had setup on the tesla profile that i'd be paying cash, but when they called to make delivery i didn't have the cash on hand. -- so i agreed to pick it up the next day, and asked the rep to change my profile to be tesla financed.

she did, and then i logged in to fill in the application.

within minutes my loan was approved and handled by wells fargo.

you dont need to plan ahead unless you want to rate shop, but you dont need to apply to rate shop, just ask the bank what their rates are based on credit scores , and you should know your credit score.

-- i'm doing the same thing for the P3D i'm waiting on .. -- i plan to pay cash, but i dont plan to move money until mid march .. -- that might have been a mistake given the large dump the market has taken.. if the car comes sooner i'll take a loan the day before delivery.

I ordered an M3P on 1/28 here in Tysons Corner, VA. Still waiting on VIN and delivery date. Received same text that some others have noted this past Monday that it will be built in next 2 weeks.

More interesting... a work colleague of mine ordered an M3P in Orlando in mid-January. He just texted me that he's taking delivery tomorrow. Appears that Orlando area received a bunch of M3Ps yesterday.

Hopefully this means that other M3Ps are on their way soon!

Reactions: I'm_Jp
I ordered an M3P on 1/28 here in Tysons Corner, VA. Still waiting on VIN and delivery date. Received same text that some others have noted this past Monday that it will be built in next 2 weeks.

More interesting... a work colleague of mine ordered an M3P in Orlando in mid-January. He just texted me that he's taking delivery tomorrow. Appears that Orlando area received a bunch of M3Ps yesterday.

Great that deliveries for M3P are starting in February! Gives me hope that March is likely for the West.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if we see many in the next week or two. I would think that anyone waiting for one would get their VIN a week or two prior to delivery - at a minimum. When you look at the Order Tracking worksheet, there are almost no postings on VIN's for Performance models. This would lead me to believe that there are not going to be a lot of Performance deliveries in the next few weeks. So either there is going to be a massive level of Performance production towards the end of the month, or there is going to be a lot of disappointed buyers who won't get their cars until Q2. Just a guess on my part....as I am anxiously waiting like everyone else.

I’m in Orlando and ordered on 1/5. I’m not getting anything lol.

I would be surprised if we see many in the next week or two. I would think that anyone waiting for one would get their VIN a week or two prior to delivery - at a minimum. When you look at the Order Tracking worksheet, there are almost no postings on VIN's for Performance models. This would lead me to believe that there are not going to be a lot of Performance deliveries in the next few weeks. So either there is going to be a massive level of Performance production towards the end of the month, or there is going to be a lot of disappointed buyers who won't get their cars until Q2. Just a guess on my part....as I am anxiously waiting like everyone else.

If you scroll all the way to the right on that spreadsheet you can see that for the past two months the average config to vin is about 30 days, and vin to delivery is 14 days for East coast and 3-5 for west coast.