Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received a call and my delivery originally scheduled for Saturday afternoon was pushed to Tuesday evening. Reason sounded more logistics based rather than COVID-19 based, but who knows. Kinda bummed as it was going to be a good highlight among a lot of a bad news, but it is what it is. There are worse problems to deal with in the world.

I ordered an "Existing Inventory" vehicle that popped up on their website on the evening of 03/10. Apparently a bunch of M3P were recently built and had just left the assembly line without any owners assigned. I ordered a White M3P with Black Interior with Performance Upgrade/Package.

Here is what I learned. When your navigating on the Tesla website you have two options when viewing M3P. You can shop "Custom Order" or "Existing Inventory". For existing inventory vehicles you enter your zip code and it will show you a series of available cars in your search radius between 25-200 miles away. These vehicles are already built are destined to be delivered to specific dealerships. Long story short, I paid the $100 order fee thinking I was purchasing a vehicle that was currently at my local dealership. I later realized that morning that wasn't the case. Upon doing some research, I discovered the vehicle was literally just built and was leaving Fremont that very same day. Everything seems to be moving smoothly. I'm located in South Florida.

03/10 - Order Placed / VIN in source - 9:50 PM EST) - VIN # 714XXX
03/12 - Delivery Text Received 11:40 AM EST ( Delivery Scheduled for 03/27 at 10:00am)

Reactions: karmamule
Seems to be some sort of delay for deliveries in San Antonio. My M3P+ was funded and left the factory on the 2nd, it's now the 13th and my SA can't give me any sort of idea when the car is going to arrive. My delivery appointment is for the 18th, but he can't even confirm if that appointment will be good or not. My SA really has been useless for me, only answering me with the bare minimum effort, if he answers me at all.

Now I'm not sure if my car will be here before my pre-approval expires on the 21st.

Seems to be some sort of delay for deliveries in San Antonio. My M3P+ was funded and left the factory on the 2nd, it's now the 13th and my SA can't give me any sort of idea when the car is going to arrive. My delivery appointment is for the 18th, but he can't even confirm if that appointment will be good or not. My SA really has been useless for me, only answering me with the bare minimum effort, if he answers me at all.

Now I'm not sure if my car will be here before my pre-approval expires on the 21st.

Normally, the SA can "Poke" (This is the actual name of the icon on their laptops) the car which really just wakes up the car and gives them the current location of the vehicle. I was under the impression that when your given a delivery date it's supposed to be pretty accurate plus or minus a few days.

• Helpful
Reactions: G4Z808
Normally, the SA can "Poke" (This is the actual name of the icon on their laptops) the car which really just wakes up the car and gives them the current location of the vehicle. I was under the impression that when your given a delivery date it's supposed to be pretty accurate plus or minus a few days.

I wish we had a Poke icon in our accounts. I guess I'll be asking my SA to poke my car every day next week

Reactions: ByByGas

Yeah, my SA is useless too. Some other lady has called me more and updated more than him. Last Saturday she told me the cars were in Kansas, I believe and should be here sometime this week. I'm calling today to see if there are any updates, might stop by tomorrow as well.

Yeah, my SA is useless too. Some other lady has called me more and updated more than him. Last Saturday she told me the cars were in Kansas, I believe and should be here sometime this week. I'm calling today to see if there are any updates, might stop by tomorrow as well.

What is your scheduled delivery date ? I was told on Wednesday that my car was still in Arkansas, no idea if that's changed yet

Just to give my experience, I did everything online, so I never met with a SA before I put my reservation. I went for a test drive after already placing my order and the SA that was helping me asked for my RN and for permission to become my SA. I told him, "absolutely!" So he looked up my RN, but there was already a SA assigned to me and he could not do anything to override it. He gave me my assigned SA's name and email address, if I wanted to reach out (I didn't think it was necessary though).

But from day 0 through scheduled delivery, I've never spoken to my assigned SA and the SA has never reached out to me. I don't have a problem with that. I have never gone through the Tesla sales process other than visiting a retail location and test driving Model S a few years ago, so perhaps the experience used to be more personal. The only communications I've received have been the automated texts, then a phone call from the delivery center saying my delivery was pushed back.

That said, I love the online model (as long as everything goes correctly). Excited to see what the delivery experience is like.

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt
When did you order?
They also do it by batches.
I order on December 25th. Red/White.

There are 3 Performance orders after mine in UT on the Teslike tracking sheet. One of which has been fulfilled but I suspect that was an inventory car. I was just hoping we would be seeing a lot more going out. I researched this car for a long time before I ordered. I kept reading orders went East to West but they seem to just be all over the place. With that said I am just way confused why mine is taking so long. I know others have waited longer in the last few months but still frustrating.

I should note that my SA is responsive. I don't bug him a lot because I know he doesn't know much more than I do until there is a VIN. He did say he heard I should have my car by next week. To be honest I'm taking that with a grain of salt because he thought I would have my car mid February and that didn't happen.

I order on December 25th. Red/White.

There are 3 Performance orders after mine in UT on the Teslike tracking sheet. One of which has been fulfilled but I suspect that was an inventory car. I was just hoping we would be seeing a lot more going out. I researched this car for a long time before I ordered. I kept reading orders went East to West but they seem to just be all over the place. With that said I am just way confused why mine is taking so long. I know others have waited longer in the last few months but still frustrating.

I should note that my SA is responsive. I don't bug him a lot because I know he doesn't know much more than I do until there is a VIN. He did say he heard I should have my car by next week. To be honest I'm taking that with a grain of salt because he thought I would have my car mid February and that didn't happen.

I heard red/white mp3 are gonna be the last to be built. ( Maybe least popular?) But matt got his so idk.