Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Y without 20" wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had cars with large rims/small sidewalls before and it was a disaster. One pothole cause TWO flats. It was really easy to damage the rims, and the ride was pretty harsh on pour roads.

20" wheels on the model Y seems like a poor fit. I noticed they sell 19" wheels on the performance model in China.

Any hope for a 19" wheel option for the model Y? Or an "off menu" swap or something? Seems kinda silly to sell a SUV that can't handle potholes.

Will be easy to find someone to swap wheels with you.

Problem is, at least from what I understand, you can't swap performance wheels for non-performance. Some ridge. 3rd party wheels for the model 3 are pretty direct, but require extra/unusual clearance for proper mounting on the performance. I also don't think the 18" wheels will clear the brakes on the performance.

Can anyone confirm the 19" model 3 wheels fit on the model 3 performance?

Problem is, at least from what I understand, you can't swap performance wheels for non-performance. Some ridge. 3rd party wheels for the model 3 are pretty direct, but require extra/unusual clearance for proper mounting on the performance. I also don't think the 18" wheels will clear the brakes on the performance.

Can anyone confirm the 19" model 3 wheels fit on the model 3 performance?
You are right about the OEM 19s and 18s not fitting, but there are aftermarket wheels that will. TSportline, and others, sell options which clear the calipers and "ridge."

18x8.5 TST 18
19x8.5 TST 19