Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pet liner for Model X Refreshed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for a pet liner for my Model X Refreshed 2nd row (I have a 7 seater). Preferrable one that covers the doors as my doggy loves to stick his head out the window. I have a Model S too, and I use a Pet liner from Amazon for that car. The sides for the door only come up halfway, so it doesn't really protect the doors. I bought this before Tesla started selling the pet liners. I looked on the Tesla shop and saw that the X Doesn't have the door covers but the S/3/Y do. Is it because the door covers would mess up the falcon wings? If I purchase the one for the S and use it in the X too, would the side panels damage or mess up the falcon door functionality?

Upvote 0
Gonna do a video on it but for the falcon wing rear doors I use the suction cups with this:

For our 5 seater I let them in the back seat and use this so that the cover goes all the way down under the front seats: Amazon.com

Tesmanian also has ones for 7 seaters where you can put the dog in the trunk!
Those both look great for an X! We purchased a generic Amazon pet liner and it really wasn't big enough for the X and had no door protection. Replacement marked, thank you!

Reactions: everydaychris
Upvote 0
Gonna do a video on it but for the falcon wing rear doors I use the suction cups with this:

For our 5 seater I let them in the back seat and use this so that the cover goes all the way down under the front seats: Amazon.com

Great thanks! Looking forward to seeing the video. Added the door protectors to my amazon cart :)

Upvote 0
We have a 2017 Model X 6-seater and a 62 lb dog. We just finished a road trip with one extra-long day of driving up and back. On the trip out I had a seat cover for each of the second row captains chairs and expected the dog to stay mostly on the floor.. The poor dog remained sitting up in a seat panting for the entire drive.

While at the destination I purchased a "seat extender":
The main feature of a seat extender is a hard bottom that creates a floor from the back of the rear seat all the way to the back of the front seat. For the 6-seater it also creates a floor between the two rear seats. This is a generic-fit model, but it fit fine in the X and had one-day shipping. I also liked the large mesh area. It has door protection as well, but I just let them fall over the outside of the seats. There are other versions that looked like they would work. The stiff floor uses three boards (sort of a hard cardboard). You can fold the cover up to expose one of the second row seats and access the third row if you need to. We had four people and the dog for a couple of short trips. Install is easy enough, but a bit more work than a soft cover. It does fold nicely for storage.

I added an inflatable pillow between the rear seats for a little extra support:
This looked like a useful thing to carry around in the car, though this was its first real use. I don't think this was necessary for support, but it didn't hurt.

Our dog was able to lie down for most of the trip back home, looking at us through the mesh most of the time. She was very relaxed, with no continuous panting. We were all very happy with this thing. The dog felt the floor was stable enough to walk anywhere on it without worry. An added benefit was that the dog could brace against the front seats during sudden stops instead of falling off a seat.

If you can put up with the size and restricted floor access (which actually wasn't too bad), this is a much better solution than a soft seat cover.

ETA: The center console A/C vent ends up below the extender floor, the one thing I'd like to fix. The side pillar A/C vents do blow air into the dog's area. Our dog loves to sit in front of the A/C, but didn't seem to miss the center vent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm looking for a pet liner for my Model X Refreshed 2nd row (I have a 7 seater). Preferrable one that covers the doors as my doggy loves to stick his head out the window. I have a Model S too, and I use a Pet liner from Amazon for that car. The sides for the door only come up halfway, so it doesn't really protect the doors. I bought this before Tesla started selling the pet liners. I looked on the Tesla shop and saw that the X Doesn't have the door covers but the S/3/Y do. Is it because the door covers would mess up the falcon wings? If I purchase the one for the S and use it in the X too, would the side panels damage or mess up the falcon door functionality?
Id stay away from those Door protectors They ended up scratching my window tint when I lowered the windows

Upvote 0

For our 5 seater I let them in the back seat and use this so that the cover goes all the way down under the front seats: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09J7ZD8RT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Do the door protectors interfere with your falcon wing door sensors? I have the same ones installed in mine and the car always thinks there's an obstacle in the way so the doors won't close. I have to hold the button down, which is a bit annoying.

Upvote 0