Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pewt Liner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2nd Row Tesla brand Pet Liner; Door protector issues in Model S?
Just purchased the Tesla pet liner for the 2nd row. All YouTube videos on these focus on the Model 3 or Y. I can't for the life of me get the door panels to stay in the window channel! I have tried many times and can never get it pushed in to hear that "click" nor can I get it to even stay in place at all. I am afraid I will break those plastic tabs!
It looks like a good product except for that issue. Anybody have luck in a Model S (Raven or older) with these?
Maybe there is an innovative way to make this work??

I have a 2020 Raven and used the Tesla Pet Liner for my dog up until his death a few months ago. I didn't have a problem like yours except very occasionally. The key is to install with windows up. Press the top of the door panel over the taps straight down until it is level and perpendicular to the window. You don't want that area raised. You will feel it grab the underside of the sill underside it is snapping onto. That said, the Tesla liner kept moving around too much due to how lightweight it was, exposing the seat to possible damage. I got another heavier pet liner from Orvis that does not move, but I used the Tesla door panel covers because they really fit well. Cheers!

Upvote 0
I have a 2020 Raven and used the Tesla Pet Liner for my dog up until his death a few months ago. I didn't have a problem like yours except very occasionally. The key is to install with windows up. Press the top of the door panel over the taps straight down until it is level and perpendicular to the window. You don't want that area raised. You will feel it grab the underside of the sill underside it is snapping onto. That said, the Tesla liner kept moving around too much due to how lightweight it was, exposing the seat to possible damage. I got another heavier pet liner from Orvis that does not move, but I used the Tesla door panel covers because they really fit well. Cheers!
Thanks! I will look at Orvis and may return these (if I can). I have a 100 lb dog and they do slide a lot when she jumps up on the seat. Looks like there should be a better way to hold them down on the sides. The side panels just do not snap in for me, and I bet I will break a tab if I continue!
***I don't know why the heading says "PEWT LINER" as I didn't type that! HAHA...

Upvote 0
I also have another door panel cover that I got with the first unsatisfactory pet liner I got. The Tesla door panel cover is the best fit available, Other door panel covers will be generic and you either will not use some of the snaps, or it won't fit. If Orvis has a large size of the hammock piece, get the regular size. The large is too big.

Upvote 0