Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pet triggering seats to fold?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else had this issue? Took my dogs on my Y today for the first time, and the right seat in the back kept triggering and folding towards the front seats. It was really odd and uncomfortable. Had to fix it 3-4 times in a short 2-mile ride.

Were the dogs riding in the cargo area or the second row seats? If you search the Model Y forums there is a recent post from another dog owner who also experienced this issue. This could be injurious if the seat was to fold down on one of the dogs. I believe the other Model Y owner was going to temporarily place some gaffer tape over the rear seat release buttons so the dogs could not activate the seat release. I don't know if a dog could operate the manual release latches for the second row seats located behind each seat.

Were the dogs riding in the cargo area or the second row seats? If you search the Model Y forums there is a recent post from another dog owner who also experienced this issue. This could be injurious if the seat was to fold down on one of the dogs. I believe the other Model Y owner was going to temporarily place some gaffer tape over the rear seat release buttons so the dogs could not activate the seat release. I don't know if a dog could operate the manual release latches for the second row seats located behind each seat.
Interesting! The dogs were sitting in the second row. They were not operating the release latches, the seat kept folding itself. I’m very confused as to how this would happen

Interesting! The dogs were sitting in the second row. They were not operating the release latches, the seat kept folding itself. I’m very confused as to how this would happen
Maybe the 2nd row seats were not fully latched in the upright position. The springs in the 2nd row seat folding mechanism are quite strong, it takes quite a bit of force to raise and latch the 2nd row seats in the upright position. If it continues to happen then I suggest you schedule aTesla Service appointment via the Tesla App. It sounds like something that a Tesla Mobile Service Technician could resolve.

Reactions: Reborn