Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PG&E PTO delays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about any statement but here was my recent experience: PTO submitted on 6/15 and PTO approved on 6/25. So 10 days. Not really too bad.

I had other PTOs processed/approved in less than a week and one last fall that went on for months but that was because of errors and miss communication.

I've read about PG&E delays numerous times on this forum but Tesla told me 2 weeks ago that PG&E have a new "system" in place and all PTOs are delayed.

Anyone else heard this or am I being played?

YES! My application was submitted 4-Jun and I'm still waiting for PTO. My installer turned on the system day of install (12-May) and I have been enjoying free solar power ever since. I monitor my PGE account daily and most days were showing zero energy consumption from the grid during peak solar production and my last bill reflected the solar savings. 10-days ago, my plan switched to recognize solar overage and energy sent to grid resulting in 5 to (-10) kwh daily grid consumption all the while my plan has been Tier 1. I expect my next energy bill to be zero.

While my installer has been interfacing with PGE, I called PGE last week to understand the delay. There was no mention of system changeover, only they were not accepting my NEM2 approval signature; installer is still trying to sort this out. Without PTO I do not have monitoring enabled, however I have not paid a cent to the installer.

Yes - I might be tempted to let it run ;) it's the net 5-10 kwHs I'm pumping to PG&E with no credit I'm upset about :(
I have a trickle EV charger I try and run in the afternoon to save me the $1 or so I'm giving away. A lot of work and I'd just prefer the interconnect so I can get the NEM.

Yes - I might be tempted to let it run ;) it's the net 5-10 kwHs I'm pumping to PG&E with no credit I'm upset about :(
I have a trickle EV charger I try and run in the afternoon to save me the $1 or so I'm giving away. A lot of work and I'd just prefer the interconnect so I can get the NEM.

Turn it on and don't look back!

Update. I have received PTO on 14-Jul, 5-weeks after submission and my plan changed to TOU-D.

Attachments

• hour view.JPG
    hour view.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Informative
Reactions: aesculus
So it appears people are for sure "testing the system" ahead of PTO by going off grid, and also just turning it on. I guess the latter assumes the utility isn't really paying any attention.

If I were doing that I would just make sure I was not pushing current back to the grid. That is shut down solar before PowerWalls reached 100% or connect car and put all the energy in the battery.

If I were doing that I would just make sure I was not pushing current back to the grid. That is shut down solar before PowerWalls reached 100% or connect car and put all the energy in the battery.
"by going off grid" assumes the main breaker is turned off and there is no possibility of pushing anything back into the grid. If the PWs got to 95%+ then they would automatically shut down the solar before reaching 100%. I agree that car charging above 90% PW battery is a good idea.