Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom stop on reverse?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my MXP for two weeks now. I had experienced the phantom stop while reversing. The car just stopped while I am reversing out of the garage. I made three reverse attempts to get out if the garage. Last night on the street, it just stopped while backing up the car. I never had this issue with my X. Did anyone run into this? Not sure if this is a bug with Tesla vision.

I mention that because I made the same mistake too early on. I was in the habit of getting the vehicle going and then buckling up as I was accelerating. The Tesla doesn't like that, with good reason. The issue is that if you're unbuckled and are coasting it assumes the car was left in gear and is rolling unattended. This is magnified if you're moving around or tunring in your seat which causes different readings in the sensors. The car assumes you are possibly getting out w/o putting it in gear and it's going to end up rolling unattended. You can also combat this with gently pressure on either the brake or accelerator peddle but the easiest and safest permanent solution is to make sure you're buckled before you even put the vehicle in gear. Once I started doing this I never had a problem again.

Reactions: Ed Curry