Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Philly burbs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any fellow Philly burbs owners put their snow tires on yet? Been holding off since its been so nice.

Btw, what are you guys running for snows?

I went with 19" Drag rims, Dunlop Winter Maxx, and Tesla tpms.

I think I paid about $1650 total. Fyi, Tesla TPMS was $50/corner straight from the service center.

I wasn't originally going to get snow tires since my wife and I also have a Jetta and a Sierra 2500 but I figured that having all 3 vehicles "snow ready" doesn't hurt. I also have the 21" wheels/tires which really only needs the temp to be really low for them to be rock hard.

Steep driveway here so winter tires really helped me. Michelin X-ice, probably overkill but made a huge difference and I felt well worth the cost.
I put them on a few weeks ago but they haven't been needed yet.

We just run the 19" All-seasons on our Tesla, didn't have any problems last winter.

Haven't put the snows on my RWD BMW yet though... gonna be 70 degrees on Thursday, seems kinda silly. I usually wait until the first forecast with really low temps or snow to do it.

I ran snow tires on my old BMW. RWD and snow tires are a must. Especially with a car that has torque. I have the 21" wheels with summer tires on the Model S. I think driving on those in the winter would be down right irresponsible. That's why I have snows.

Will probably put them on in mid/late January: SotoZeros. I have a very steep driveway and hill in and out of the development. Many days I have to leave home before the snow plow comes by..so in my case they are a necessity (vs the 21" summer tires)