Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone app connect time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have M3 and yes a lot of delay and many times get "network error", nothing wrong with my phone internet connectivity either on LTE or Wifi. Spoke with Tesla two weeks before and he is aware of that and told me over time the app will get better with updates and Tesla will resolve the issue. The way I see more problems with connection may occur in near future as rapid increase M3 getting delivered if Tesla doesn't have proper bandwidth to handle flood of new traffic

30sec to a minute is pretty typical in my experience. And that is with my car and phone both connected to a very strong wifi signal.

One thing that I didn’t realize at the start, however, is that if the phone is “connected” to the car via bluetooth, a lot of the controls will work even while the car is “waking up”.

Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like 30 seconds is within normal parameters. Not too bad but seems like it should be faster. Maybe it will get faster in the future if they add more bandwidth. Hopefully it won't get slower.