Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Application on MCU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2019 Model S release 2020.36.3.1 59d6902aeb93. I have a iPhone XS. When I start up the Tesla phone app and call someone from the contact list, the call does connect and dial out but the phone keypad display on the MCU shuts down. Call is still connected. To get the phone keypad to display I have to go to the task bar and choose the phone icon again. Then the phone keypad reappears. So if I am calling Tesla headquarters that requires the phone keypad to go through the menu I have to choose the Tesla phone icon again for the keypad. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? Sarasota Service center says that's how it works. When I call headquarters they tell me they haven't heard of the problem before.

I have a 2019 Model S release 2020.36.3.1 59d6902aeb93. I have a iPhone XS. When I start up the Tesla phone app and call someone from the contact list, the call does connect and dial out but the phone keypad display on the MCU shuts down. Call is still connected. To get the phone keypad to display I have to go to the task bar and choose the phone icon again. Then the phone keypad reappears. So if I am calling Tesla headquarters that requires the phone keypad to go through the menu I have to choose the Tesla phone icon again for the keypad. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? Sarasota Service center says that's how it works. When I call headquarters they tell me they haven't heard of the problem before.
Service center was correct. That’s the way it works.