Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Connection Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else had issues receiving a phone call? I have 2016 Model S 90D and my phone connects fine via bluetooth and I can stream music from it, but when a call comes in is when I get frustrated. The call will pop up on the MCU and say answer or ignore, I hit answer, that window goes away and nothing happens, phone keeps ringing. Then I hit answer call by pressing down on the right scroll button nothing happens, I press it again and then it says call connected, but I can't hear anything. I say hello a few times, nothing, it seems only when I turn the volume up or down does it seem to connect.

Sometimes the person hangs up before I can even get it to connect they call back and I now I just press the scroll button twice, I don't even bother with the MCU because it never works. Then the person can't always hear me, it's to the point now where I cross my fingers that I don't get a call while I'm in the car.

Anyone else have these issues?

Yes I have these same issues in my 2015 P85D. Started happening about 3 months ago after an update. Infuriating, especially when the excellent phone integration and silent ride made this one of my favourite features of the car. Now it’s a disaster.
I have restarted the mcu, unpaired and repaired the phone, all to no avail. if anyone knows how to get it all back to normal, reliable operation I’d love to hear how.

Just in the past couple months, I've had a problem with maintaining connectivity between my iPhone and my Model S. Not sure if something changed by way of an update or what. All I know is that my iPhone worked seamlessly with my Model S for 16 months (from purchase) and now it's very inconsistent. Anyone else have this problem??